nsm0220 updated Security Configuration for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
it should be a safe config because i add a shadow defender like clone.

D

Deleted member 178

just put UAC at default, i guess your machine can handle a dim effect.

D

Deleted member 178

There one other ? if the alerts because too mush can i lower the amount.
Personally i have UAC at max, the safest level; and i have 2-3 alerts a day when i do some admin tasks while being on SUA. If i put it at default like you, i surely won't have even one.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Personally i have UAC at max, the safest level; and i have 2-3 alerts a day when i do some admin tasks while being on SUA. If i put it at default like you, i surely won't have even one.
It look like they fixed it in Windows 10,but in Windows 7 its like a fly buzzing in your ear everyday. Any ideas to quiet the alerts down to only 2-3 times a day.

D

Deleted member 178

There is no real solutions, normally you shouldn't have much alerts unless you are doing tons of admin tasks a day.

Reactions: Ink

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
I added Windscribe for VPN and i be removing Hitman pro alert until i can find a replacement.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
If you still using Firefox's password manager, I'd strongly recommend otherwise, It's just so easy to get around it with a 2 line script. You can use Lastpass.

D

Deleted member 65228

Any ideas to quiet the alerts down to only 2-3 times a day.
You can attempt to use the Windows Task Scheduler to cause trusted software which you need to regularly open with administrative rights to run elevated automatically without any UAC prompt being displayed. Be careful with this method though should you decide to use it, since it could benefit an attacker just as much as it will for you depending on circumstances.

If you do decide to use this method, you'll need to make a shortcut for the scheduled task. You can find out more information on how to do this properly here: How To Use The Task Scheduler To Launch Programs Without UAC Prompts | Digital Citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.