User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Beta 3.1.0.0
NoVirusThanks OSArmor 1.4 (test 68)
SpyShelter Premium 11.1 (Trial)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Windows Defender, EmsiSoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes Rootkit Removal, ESET online scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Edge: Unused
Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181:
(All extension up-to-date)
Google Docs Offline, HTTPS Everywhere, LastPass: Free Password Manager Lookup, Random User-Agent, Session Buddy, Tab Suspender, uBlock Origin (Almost all filter activated), ScriptSafe (reactive), Docs, Sheets, Slides
Deactivated Chrome-Extensions:
Honey (Will only be activated to try it out), Midnight Lizard
Maintenance tools
None
File and Photo backup
"Google Backup and Sync" syncs my Documents folder to Google Drive. It doesn't run all the time so that it doesn't backup suddenly encrypted files when I get hit by Ransomware, for example.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect 7.1 Free
(Will start using it after I fixed my current issues)

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
Ok. I don't want that then. I already have the AntiLogger that does - as far I understand it - the same malware scans.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In the past there were a direct link to portable version, but it seems They have removed... so Your best bet would be Free,,,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Anyway Zemana suxx , i wont install it on any systems.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Umbra @NulFunction
Oh. I tried installing ZAM Free and it deinstalled AntiLogger without notice. So I switched back. I like to keep the AntiLogger because of its functions.
Installing ZAM would be a downgrade.

ZAL Premium has "Real-Time Protection"
1528286084804.png
Zemana - Best Anti-Keylogger Software and Identity Theft Protection

What are your views on HitmanPro.Alert Free/Paid?

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
I specifically wanted something that zero-day-blocks keylogger. I understand that no normal AV does that.

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
Could you, whoever changes the classification of these threads, please also write why you've changed them?
Is it, again, because I haven't used an imaging tool?
Thank you :)

D

Deleted member 178

Could you, whoever changes the classification of these threads, please also write why you've changed them?
Is it, again, because I haven't used an imaging tool?
Thank you :)
When i implemented the ratings/classifications for security configs, i made sure the criteria will be secret and @harlan4096 who is now in charge of it probably added some more.
We don't disclose the criteria because some "want-to-look-good" people would just change their thread (without changing their real config) just to get the best badge.
So no, you won't know what the requirements/reasons are; but you can guess them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harlan4096 and Jack

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
No system backup image? okay dont cry next time...
I don't see why that is a huge issue. If I had an image I wouldn't want it to be up-to-date anyway when I have a problem.

When i say: "Anyway Zemana suxx , i wont install it on any systems." There is a reason.
Spyshelter is the best Anti-logger software with a serious HIPS, but it seems it won't live long.
Yea, you may have a reason. But you are very reluctant to tell anyone. Also your tone sounds like it is a personal, subjective opinion. So your word doesn't have much meaning and gets ignored.

D

Deleted member 178

Nothing personal, it is my opinion, so it doesn't mean everyone will agree, they have to draw their own conclusion after testing the soft themselves.
But when you see how it was before and how it is now, there is nothing much to describe, no need to be a genius...
example: before it has a configurable "HIPS", now nothing...all is under the hood = suxx

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I don't see why that is a huge issue. If I had an image I wouldn't want it to be up-to-date anyway when I have a problem.

Well its very important you will have any big problem soon what if your windows 10 crashes later ? what if some files like doc, email, pics, etc? are you a gamer? if yes its big files like 50GB or so install some damn games.. if you can't fix it then reinstall windows 10 OS, install programs, doing tweaks, etc that will take a long!! thats why :/ backup system image is the best...we have to backup the image every month or so. delete old image then backup new image as monthly...

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
@Umbra You could have explained that Yesterday at 1:20 PM.
What do you mean with "but it seems it won't live long. ". Another thing you didn't explain. But thanks for telling

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
Well its very important you will have any big problem soon what if your windows 10 crashes later ? what if some files like doc, email, pics, etc? are you a gamer? if yes its big files like 50GB or so install some damn games.. if you can't fix it then reinstall windows 10 OS, install programs, doing tweaks, etc that will take a long!! thats why :/ backup system image is the best...we have to backup the image every month or so. delete old image then backup new image as monthly...
The important stuff is in my google drive and less regularly on an external hdd.
The next time windows 10 gets an upgrade I'll have to do everything again anyway. All the settings and hardening. (Except installing software) So an image wouldn't help much.

D

Deleted member 178

if you can't fix it then reinstall windows 10 OS, install programs, doing tweaks, etc that will take a long!! thats why :/ backup system image is the best...we have to backup the image every month or so. delete old image then backup new image as monthly...
i have 2 images made with the built-in Windows Backup:
The first is a "baseline" (just after i clean install Windows and my priority softs), this one never change.
The second one is taken after every Windows cumulative updates. so if i have issues, i restore the monthly; if the monthly can't fix it; i reinstall the baseline one.

Of course, if i use Macrium i would have more image.

@Umbra You could have explained that Yesterday at 1:20 PM.
What do you mean with "but it seems it won't live long. ". Another thing you didn't explain. But thanks for telling
Not to me to tell, and what i heard can change anytime.

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
Thank you, but I am thinking about buying three licenses. So any information would be great.

D

Deleted member 178

Dont buy right away, trial it first, you don't know what may happpen if on your system.

Reactions: harlan4096

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
I know. I do that. But I wonder how I am supposed to test this software if it "randomly stops protection" in trial mode.
I am just going to buy at least two licenses of any software

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.