Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I don't criticize the product itself even for Cylance, but the marketing approach is very similar. New thing that does what AV can't, using a mechanism never heard before, etc...
Anything is possible. But, PARANOID has some features that can be advantageous in the static systems. Behavior whitelisting has similar pros & cons as the file whitelisting. I am sure, that this direction will be penetrated also by other vendors, soon.
I think that PARANOID can be interesting for military agencies and for strategic enterprises with high-security requirements. I am curious how the cybercriminals will react to fight behavior default-deny.:)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
These market share statistics are not especially reliable:
But, they can be probably true for Cylance.(y)

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I think that PARANOID can be interesting for military agencies and for strategic enterprises with high-security requirements. I am curious how the cybercriminals will react to fight behavior default-deny.:)

Yeah.. and yeah.

...behavior default-deny.:)

I read a little more of their stuff. From my still basic understanding of the product, that seems like a really good phrase to simply describe the product. I hope to get my hands on a few test copies.... we shall see.

These market share statistics are not especially reliable:
But, they can be probably true for Cylance.(y)

Yeah, I read the methodology for both. They do seem to have different methods... but both only cover part of the market and have to rely on statistical extrapolation. One seems to be heavily device based, while the other seems to be primarily survey based. Although... assuming they are independent -- their similar results seemingly at least partially validate their method.

1579475934309.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.