Age group
41 - 50
Last known PC infection
Over 5 years ago or never

scorpionv

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 20, 2020
Welcome! You will like it here, it is a nice place to be.
May I ask what kind of software are you developing?
Of course, I work in the embedded software for machine automation. So software with a different purpose then most of the developers here, it moves not only data, but actual things when I get it working. But just like a 'regular' software developer, my work is a mix from writing actual code, worrying about GUI, testing, and releasing. The bonus is installing machines at the customer, that involves integrating the machines in the customers network and onsite optimalisations.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Of course, I work in the embedded software for machine automation. So software with a different purpose then most of the developers here, it moves not only data, but actual things when I get it working. But just like a 'regular' software developer, my work is a mix from writing actual code, worrying about GUI, testing, and releasing. The bonus is installing machines at the customer, that involves integrating the machines in the customers network and onsite optimalisations.
that is good conincidence
my work area is near you
i am working in automation system.building solution both hardware and software to control field transmitters and instrument. but i am using function blocks , not writing actual code however i am learning python right now to work in machine learning hopefully i learn a lot from you

scorpionv

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 20, 2020
that is good conincidence
my work area is near you
i am working in automation system.building solution both hardware and software to control field transmitters and instrument. but i am using function blocks , not writing actual code however i am learning python right now to work in machine learning hopefully i learn a lot from you

That's a nice overlap indeed (y) Good luck with the Python study. Python is not that hard if you know other languages already, but a first language can be a learning curve. :coffee:

G'day @scorpionv

Welcome to the MalwareTips Community from another “Old Dude.” I'm also reduced to “Lurking” at present, due to being rather time poor.

@DDE_Server is spot on regarding your Avatar. Excellent!

It's great to have you aboard.

Enjoy!

@TRS-80 :emoji_beer: 🍿 :coffee:

Thanks, my time is also limited sometimes. Depends a bit on workload and family. Luckily browsing forums is relaxing for me 🤓

scorpionv

Level 2
Thread author
Apr 20, 2020
Hello:)
While I'm browsing WS, I feel like I'm looking at materials in the meeting room. It is a reassuring meeting room without windows👨‍🎓👩‍🎓. The MT has windows so you can enjoy a joke between meetings while looking out at the sky:coffee::emoji_beer:.
Welcome!

That's right on the spot. Content is not that different, but MT has more of a community feeling to me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.