Windows built-in
BleachBit 3.0 - "Hilary uses it!"
RunBySmartscreen
Photos and Files backup
Copy/Paste -> Free Agent Drive
File Backup schedule
Once or multiple times per week
Backup and Restore
Windows built-in -> Free Agent drive (monthly)
Backup schedule
Once or more per week
Computer Activity
  1. Browsing the web and checking emails
  2. Streaming movies, TV shows and music from the Internet
  3. Shared computer is used by other family members
  4. Downloading files from different websites
  5. Office and other work-related software (Work from Home)
  6. Recording and editing video or photos
Computer Specifications
Lenovo L340 i3 8145U CPU @ 2.10 GHz 2.300 GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM 1 TB HDD

oldschool

Level 56
Verified
Not saying that it doesn't happen but I've been using Privacy Possum for about a year now and I don't think it has broken any sites for me.

@floalma Only breakage I've noticed is very minor, and that's when I tested it alone where I have seen ads blocked but not the container for the ad. You can see the same thing if you use Edge Dev Tracking Protection on Strict Mode with no other adblocker, e.g. at Ars Technica .

Side Note: Some folks on the Edge Insider forum say TP doesn't block ads. It does block some tracking and some ads, but it doesn't do either very well, except for the set-and-forget crowd.

oldschool

Level 56
Verified
Tried and removed WiseVector StopX. Good AV, buggy and doesn't register in Windows Security Center.

Tried and removed Edge Canary and Beta. Dev works best for my usage. Edge Chromium is already fantastic and only getting better. (y)

Added VoodooShield Pro 5.02 + TinyWall 2.1.11 = combo with Windows Defender is boring, quiet and stable.

Adjusted OS hardening accordingly.

Moonhorse

Level 29
Verified
Content Creator
Added: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit v 1.13.1.117 - just because it doesn't get any love on MT. Love is such a beautiful emotion! ;):love:
Would like to pair my kaspersky cloud free with it aswell, just unsure about conflicts...but those exist with malwarebytes 3.8..> and not the anti-exploit beta standalone

Why ?

Malwarebytes anti-exploit should be compatible with Voodooshield.

BAFS > anti-exe sw
MBAE better anti-exploit than vs has
MBAE is also less heavy

Reactions: Step 1 and venustus

oldschool

Level 56
Verified
Would like to pair my kaspersky cloud free with it aswell, just unsure about conflicts...but those exist with malwarebytes 3.8..> and not the anti-exploit beta standalone

I don't know if you need it with KSC but no harm in trying. It is very lightweight and non-instrusive set-and-forget. And I believe Malwarebytes has been around long enough not to mess with Windows Defender, if you return to that in the future.

oldschool

Level 56
Verified
Never been a big fan on MAE, preferred OSA a lot better really, but it's always down to personal choice of software.

~LDogg

I don't rely on MBAE as a replacement for OSA' s capabilities. I use Windows built-in. And BTW, OSA encounters bugs with Windows updates as evidenced once again as seen here NoVirusThanks OSArmor: An Additional Layer of Defense

Malwarebytes, for all of its faults/deficiencies, has more stable development overall.

LDogg

Level 32
Verified
I don't rely on MBAE as a replacement for OSA' s capabilities. I use Windows built-in. And BTW, OSA encounters bugs with Windows updates as evidenced once again as seen here NoVirusThanks OSArmor: An Additional Layer of Defense

Malwarebytes, for all of its faults/deficiencies, has more stable development overall.
Seems to work fine in the post that Umbra made, they may have fixed all the issues.

~LDogg

Reactions: oldschool