Windows built-in
    BleachBit 3.0 - "Hilary uses it!"
    RunBySmartscreen
    Photos and Files backup
    Copy/Paste -> Free Agent Drive
    File Backup schedule
    Once or multiple times per week
    Backup and Restore
    Windows built-in -> Free Agent drive (monthly)
    Backup schedule
    Once or more per week
    Computer Activity
  • Browsing the web and checking emails
  • Streaming movies, TV shows and music from the Internet
  • Shared computer is used by other family members
  • Downloading files from different websites
  • Office and other work-related software (Work from Home)
  • Recording and editing video or photos
  • Computer Specifications
    Lenovo L340 i3 8145U CPU @ 2.10 GHz 2.300 GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM 1 TB HDD

oldschool

Level 54
    Verified
    I recently gave Firefox another trial run and I just don't like it. I find very few attractive features, e.g. containers, dark mode, etc. Brave is a better option for built-in control of privacy and security for those who may be looking for a good privacy browser option (and aren't willing to go "tin foil" with Tor!). Brave makes it simple while giving you the option to increase security as desired. The Javascript blocking feature is great, giving you granular control of scripts. Put a web filtering extension like Bitdefender, etc. and you're all set. I like Edge Chromium a lot, but Brave compares very favorably!

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

@oldschool sup!

Hey, I didnt have to time to read all messages here, so idk if you already explained, but how exactly did you hardened Brave/Chrome through flags?
    ty!
    1- type Chrome://flags in omnibox
    2- select the desired flag > select the options

read carefully how the flag and description are spelled. Example, if flag is "disable xxx", if you choose "enable" , you will disable the function. ;)

Thales

Level 9
    Did you find what processes are necessary to allow in Windows Firewall? I don't wanna use 3rd party firewalls anymore.
    I saw in your early post the NoVirus Thanks connection Viewer and already downloaded. I'm still testing it but it looks like a logging program that helps to identify the connections but it shows the established connections only.

Last edited:
    F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Did you find what processes are necessary to allow in Windows Firewall? I don't wanna use 3rd party firewalls anymore.
    I saw in your early post the NoVirus Thanks connection Viewer and already downloaded. I'm still testing it but it looks like a logging program that helps to identify the connections but it shows the established connections only.
    by default, WF allow all outbound connections, firewalls were never supposed to block outbound connections but only inbound ones.
    3rd party security vendors are responsible for those outbound monitoring. They pushed it as a feature.
    Personally, after a clean install, and the OS is setup, i block all outbound connections and create rules on the fly, case by case.

Thales

Level 9
    by default, WF allow all outbound connections, firewalls were never supposed to block outbound connections but only inbound ones.
    3rd party security vendors are responsible for those outbound monitoring. They pushed it as a feature.
    Personally, after a clean install, and the OS is setup, i block all outbound connections and create rules on the fly, case by case.
    Yeah I always wanted to do the same but In native windows firewall setup it was harder. or just for me. :)
    I used WFC in whitelist mode (block all outbound and inbound except those...) but I prefer no 3rd party firewall controls.
    Now I exported the rules from WFC and imported in Windows Firewall.
    It saved me a lot of time to make rules from scratch. It should be easy from now to allow new rules without any firewall control.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Yeah I always wanted to do the same but In native windows firewall setup it was harder. or just for me. :)
    I used WFC in whitelist mode (block all outbound and inbound except those...) but I prefer no 3rd party firewall controls.
    Now I exported the rules from WFC and imported in Windows Firewall.
    It saved me a lot of time to make rules from scratch. It should be easy from now to allow new rules without any firewall control.
    indeed i also used WFC this way to generate the first batch of rules then import them manually in WF after removing WFC. ;)