OmidReza Security Config 2016

M

MalwareT

Great config man ;) I'd recommend you to change some of these programs to better and good quality ones:

-WinZip = WinRAR or HaoZip
-DownloadAcceleratorPlus = Internet Download Manager (paid) or DownloadNinja (free)
-FolderGuard = Wise Folder Hider
-SandBox = Sandboxie
-Avg TuneUp = CCleaer or Wise Care 365 or Glary Utilities or AdvancedSystemCare Free or WinOptimizer
-Nero = Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
-Foxit = SumatraPDF

For scanner i'd add Malwarebytes with Emsisoft together, can't just rely on 1 scanner :D

advantage base

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
thanks.
what about those:
winzip: power archiver
i never letgo my download manager i use DAP for 5 years.
folderguard:wise folder = i like your'e recommendation
avg tuneup: system mechanic
never change nero and foxit
many thanks

M

MalwareT

Never heard of power archiver but a lot of people are using Winrar :)
For DAP it's ok if you like it, i'm DownloadNinja fanboy :D
for system mechanic it's not free, try Wise Care 365 (Free)

For Virtualization id recommend VirtualBox,most of guys are using it here , and it's free :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Your config is very good just add a second browser in case you have a problem with Opera.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: advantage base

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice configuration, appreaciated on using Dr.Web it has good product of AV besides one of the tools use for removing intensive threats from CureIt. ;)

Reactions: advantage base
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello @Omidreza.S, your configuration is good but you could consider to add/do the things below:

P.S: What is your experience with Vipre IS?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Absolutely Malwarebytes Anti- Malware and Anti- Exploit are a must. I don't really know much about your optimizers but CCleaner and Defragler are really good.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

about AVG Pctune up , I have used it and the only mentionable features are program deactivator and turbo mode , the rest ist not worth to mention , plus it takes up needles ram becuase it runs all the time and cannot be disabled. system mechanic registry cleaner VERY dangerous it can trash your system. just use wisecare365 and ccleaner ans you are covered!

I see you are using AdvancedSytemOptimizer at the moment? check out the attachment with this post to see what norton phising protection has to say about their homepage. the software is notorious for installing spyware.....

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:

advantage base

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
hi i use sysmechanic for 3 month tuneup utilities(avg pc tune up ) for a week and fixit utilities for 1 month in past 3 years but i use advanced system optimizer for 2years 2014-2016 and i'm so happy cuse my pc never go down and always ready for my work and never let me go.i dont know why norton block aso web but i never have any problem (refresh or bluescreen or freezeing)problem in my pc.thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.