Battle On-demand scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeezy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Since I don't rely on active/real-time protection that much, I'd like to have a bunch of scanners just in case I want to scan a thumb drive/a file or something. I currently use hitmanpro, what are some other ones?

soinvisage

Level 9
Verified
May 3, 2014
Since I don't rely on active/real-time protection that much, I'd like to have a bunch of scanners just in case I want to scan a thumb drive/a file or something. I currently use hitmanpro, what are some other ones?
hi

you have tiranium cloud scanner 2014, its a powerful software

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Nothing is wrong to wait for 1-4 seconds coz not always anyone use this tool constantly. Plus Virus total uploader is a new tool, it checks exiting report & u can upload the the file for generating new hash check to sure that exsisting hash is not a false positive. Compare to VT hash check where it only check exiting hash plus u can uplaod up to 128 MB through virus total uploader. If a user have no patience to wait then he can choose VT then check, it depends on user & his/her choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Off-Topic:

The VirusTotal Uploader tool isn't new, it's been around for a few years. I'm not saying it's a bad tool, but others with a VT account can utilise their API with the VT Hash Check software, if required. It's a neat feature of the software.

Currently I use Process Explorer which has VT integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.