Advice Request Opinion - BitDefender/Windows Defender

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Define why you think its a terrible thing.

Bitdefender is heavy resources
but better than Microsoft:
1- Detection rate
2- Real-time protection
3- Strong Firewall
4- User interface better than Windows Defender
5- Many Features not found in Microsoft
6- Detection of ransomware viruses
7- Web Protection / anti tracker
8- VPN/ Shredder/ File Lock Encryption
9-Vulnerability scan / Auto pliot / Game Mode
10- Safe pay / Webcam and Microphone
and more more more
These programs all beat Microsoft Defender and are better at protecting them :
Norton / BitDefender/ Kaspersky/ GDATA / McAfee / ESET / AhnLab / Avira / AVG.

You can try it
Especially the three most powerful programs from my point of view :
Bitdefender / Norton / GDATA : It uses a Bitdefender engine in addition to its engine
But it needs resources
Untitled.png

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Bitdefender is heavy resources
but better than Microsoft:
1- Detection rate
2- Real-time protection
3- Strong Firewall <-- Windows Firewall is not directly part of Windows Defender.
4- User interface better than Windows Defender
5- Many Features not found in Microsoft <-- both products offer different features, you simply cannot compare
6- Detection of ransomware viruses
7- Web Protection / anti tracker <-- again you cannot compare a AV solution with a full on suite
8- VPN/ Shredder/ File Lock Encryption <-- this is not part of standard av solution, its extras

9-Vulnerability scan / Auto pliot / Game Mode
10- Safe pay / Webcam and Microphone
and more more more
These programs all beat Microsoft Defender and are better at protecting them :
Norton / BitDefender/ Kaspersky/ GDATA / McAfee / ESET / AhnLab / Avira / AVG. <-- And each program by itself in comparison have different suites/version with different features, none can really be compared side by side.

You can try it
Especially the three most powerful programs from my point of view :
Bitdefender / Norton / GDATA : It uses a Bitdefender engine in addition to its engine
But it needs resources

I will highlight in red the parts where you shouldnt be comparing the two products (Bitdefender vs Microsoft Defender). By doing what you did, you are misinforming any MT and non MT reader.

And just for general information, despite not actively participating in testing solutions and its malware removal/detection capabilities and posting results, I am well aware of nearly all home use solutions and some endpoint solutions. I still test off the record mainly for knowledge.

I will also tag in @Andy Ful and @security123 who use exclusive WD with tweaks to give you their insight and opinions on WD with their setups.

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I will highlight in red the parts where you shouldnt be comparing the two products (Bitdefender vs Microsoft Defender). By doing what you did, you are misinforming any MT and non MT reader.

And just for general information, despite not actively participating in testing solutions and its malware removal/detection capabilities and posting results, I am well aware of nearly all home use solutions and some endpoint solutions. I still test off the record mainly for knowledge.

I will also tag in @Andy Ful and @security123 who use exclusive WD with tweaks to give you their insight and opinions on WD with their setups.

Windows Defender program does not compare with Bitdefender or Kaspersky or Norton or GDATA.
He can't compete with them

Microsoft's program competes with McAfee or escan or K7 orTotal AV.

I do not do advertisement for a product Bitdefender
I am telling the truth

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Windows Defender program does not compare with Bitdefender or Kaspersky or Norton or GDATA.
He can't compete with them

Microsoft's program competes with McAfee or escan or K7 orTotal AV.

I do not do advertisement for a product Bitdefender
I am telling the truth
It seems like you are not fully familiar with other solutions. Your opinion is one thing, however misleading readers is another.
I have explained why you cannot compare them and yet you continue to do so. Are you aware that K7 also brings more than just AV/signatures? so how is that comparable with Windows when K7 has more features WD doesnt have?

I have moved the posts from one thread to another so its not out of context, however this particular thread does not really have any insight apart from a subjective information that can mislead readers.

As such, I have changed title to Option and locked this thread.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.