Advice Request Opinion on fastestVPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Mountainking

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys. Have any of you used fastestvpn? Or the lifetime license? I want to know how good is the service and if there is any catch on the lifetime license. I have 2 remaining years on my current VPN and their cheap lifetime license is very tempting!

Thanks

Mountainking

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
In my opinion, It's the worst VPN I've ever used, to the degree that bought it off StackSocial & eventually deleted the installer & licence info about a year ago, for me it really was that bad - Others may feel differently of course?

Wow this is from where I saw the deal. Did not want to 'advertise' any website, so I skipped the name. Any experiences with any lifetime VPN deals from there? I see a few others also such as Ivacy.

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
OpenVPN with Best Free VPN service OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server , no doubt about the best speed:

1603098432071.png

1603098665667.png

Reactions: Nevi and upnorth
Upvote 0

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I wouldn't use it.
They don't provide any details about their company's management or ownership, haven't undergone any third-party audits, their privacy policy is deficient at best, and their affiliate program does nothing to discourage deceptive marketing.

I have 2 remaining years on my current VPN
I'm confused as to why you'd be looking for a new VPN license a whole two years before your current provider's license runs out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
When I tried it two years ago, it slowed by speeds quite a bit and I ended up getting a refund. So, not quite "the fastest." But, speeds will be dependent on your location and they did say that they planned to add more severs in Australia, which would have hopefully improved the speeds.

As for other VPNs on StackSocial, I'm using BulletVPN and am very happy with it. However, their Windows VPN client is very basic. I constantly get very good speeds. If you don't need a client with lot of features, I highly recommend it.

VPNSecure is half the cost and is also a trustworthy company. I've got a lifetime license for it too, but I had problems access some websites, such as websites hosted in China with it.

I tried Ivacy last year. While I got very good speeds, I found their Windows VPN client to be extremely buggy. Hopefully, it has improved since then. But it was concerning that it crashed very often, on a computer which was otherwise running fine.

Before buying a lifetime subscription for any VPN, I highly recommend that you buy a one month subscription first, so you can see how well it works for you. Depending on your location, what is fast for someone else, may be slow for you or vice versa. In addition to that, with some VPNs, when connected to certain servers, you may have trouble accessing some websites. If you buy a one month subscription, you can test a VPN and see how well it works for you, before spending more money.

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
That website looks extremely dodgy. There is no way I would trust them. Their privacy policy makes no mention of if they keep logs of your activity.
I don't say that is the safest, I say it's the fastest ;)

rivacy Policy for TcpVPN​

If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to contact us by email at privacy.

At Best Free VPN service OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server we consider the privacy of our visitors to be extremely important. This privacy policy document describes in detail the types of personal information is collected and recorded by Best Free VPN service OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server and how we use it.

Log Files
Like many other Web sites, Best Free VPN service OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site - usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services's analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.

Cookies and Web Beacons
Best Free VPN service OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server uses cookies to store information about visitors' preferences, to record user-specific information on which pages the site visitor accesses or visits, and to personalize or customize our web page content based upon visitors' browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser.

DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on Best Free VPN service OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server.
→ Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site's visitors based upon their visit to Best Free VPN service OpenVPN and PPTP VPN server and other sites on the Internet.
→ Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy at the following URL - http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html

Our Advertising Partners
Some of our advertising partners may use cookies and web beacons on our site. Our advertising partners include .......

• Google
  • Commission Junction
  • Amazon
  • Widget Bucks
  • Adbrite
  • Clickbank
  • Linkshare
  • Other

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi and upnorth
Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I don't say that is the safest, I say it's the fastest ;)
If you're using a highly questionable VPN service, which makes no mention of what they do with your data, why even use a VPN? I use a trustworthy VPN and get very good speeds.

What you copied and pasted from their website, only makes reference to accessing their website. There is nothing mentioned regarding using their VPN, which is concerning.

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
If you're using a highly questionable VPN service, which makes no mention of what they do with your data, why even use a VPN? I use a trustworthy VPN and get very good speeds.

What you copied and pasted from their website, only makes reference to accessing their website. There is nothing mentioned regarding using their VPN, which is concerning.

You are right, no doubt about that, we are talking about speed.

If you ask me speed/safe I will answer:

Surfshark is the best, I have profiles from NORDvpn. ExpressVPN, Proton Free and the Surfshark are the fastest, with OPENvpn.
With the VPN software application you get better speeds but you have to install one application to every VPN you have:

1603101287873.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Here's the list we've had in our home going back to when time began and I started high school.
Azire
BulletVPN
CasVPN
Celo
CyberGhostVPN
DefenceVPN
doublehop.me
FastestVPN
GooseVPN
hide.me
HideAway
HideMyAss
ibvpn
Ipredator
IPVANISH
Ivacy
LiquidVPN
Mullvad
NORD
PIA
Privatoria
ProtonVPN
Proxy.sh
PureVPN
RA4W
saferVPN
seed4me
ShadeYou
SlickVPN
Steganos
Surfbouncer
SurfShark
TigerVPN
TNTUnblocker
TrilightZone
Trust.Zone
Unseen
Virtualshield
Vpn.asia
Vpn.ht
VPNAUS
vpnSecure
VPNTunnel
VpnUnlimited/KeepSolid
VypreVPN
Windscribe
Xeovo
ZenMate
ZoogTV
My top 5 would be Xeovo, VirtualShield, Proton, Vypre & Surfbouncer WEIGHED BY 1st:speed 2nd:ease of use 3rd:security 4th:compatability.
Feel free to tidy this post somehow pls mods. (I can't figure out how to insert a list that explodes only when clicked)
FastestVPN would be in the worst percentile. I never got reliable speed and their old desktop app was garish and buggy (not properly minimizing to try is unforgivable.)

Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
By the way, to promotions for VPN,

KeepSolid Passwarden for 6-months free!

Terms

• 6-Months Subscription for Passwarden
  • The validity of the code is by the end of October 2020
  • Number of Accounts You Get: 1
  • Number of Devices: Unlimited.
Redeem the code: PASSWARDENCOUPON

I always redeem the promotions from KeepSolid:

1603118771365.png

The second:

Free license for Seed4.Me VPN for 6 months. Get unlimited traffic of a reliable VPN service with encryption of Internet connections for animated use.

Coupon Code: TUNECOM

1603119030108.png

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.