Advice Request Option to maximize whitelist?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Some users were asking for a feature to maximize the white list. There is a setting in VS for this but it doesn't appear to do anything.
From this screen shot what do you think?

ScreenHunter_141 Feb. 06 15.16.jpg

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
but it doesn't appear to do anything.
It does here... it maximizes the whitelist/user log/command line displays to use the entire VS window. So that column on the left you see in your capture isn't present when viewing those items.

Still... it would be nice if the VS window could be resized, or maximized to fit the user's screen, for easier access to the many columns those views carry.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Yes it does. If checked, it shows those features maximized, but within the context of the current VS GUI size. It does not maximize the GUI to full-screen.

then the setting is not worded correctly in my opinion. you should be able to see the entire list without scrolling. just my thoughts.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
then the setting is not worded correctly in my opinion. you should be able to see the entire list without scrolling. just my thoughts.

It is described correctly within the context of the current GUI. I believe the OP's intention was that it maximize to full-screen, and I agree with both him and yourself. (y) A full-screen whitelist would be easier to read, but my guess is that to do that, the entire GUI might have to possess that ability to go full-screen. That's just my guess, but we'll see what Dan says.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Even an option to enable/disable some columns would be nice (so less side scrolling if the UI is not able to handle fullscreen do to coding restrictions or so)

Check the option "Maximize whitelist, user log, etc" in UI Tweaks and you get this:

VSmaximized.jpg

See the original post @ COU requesting maximize full-screen.

Also, note that option to tweak UI may only be available in VS Pro. Not certain about this as I haven't used Free version in quite some time.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Dan posted @ COU this morning.(y)

"VS 5.0 is coming along really well… it should be finished within a month or two at the most, possibly sooner. And yes, you will be able to maximize the gui finally … that part is almost finished."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.