Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
As stated elsewhere why pay $15 when the trial for the same period is free ? LOL

It has a rogueiness about it especially with the typo "pc is protec".

Worth a whizz round at the malware hub anyway.

Regards Eck:)

Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
That's how a rouge software looks like and "The best security system ever created" is also what a rogue software says.

Yeah really a red flag, and if it was the BEST security ever "CREATED"... why is it using another Antivirus (Avira's) engine?!? :D

It's like making a pie from someone elses recipe, and calling it the best baking you'll ever taste. :p

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Yeah really a red flag, and if it was the BEST security ever "CREATED"... why is it using another Antivirus (Avira's) engine?!? :D

It's like making a pie from someone elses recipe, and calling it the best baking you'll ever taste. :p

It just could not be the"best security ever created" Jake as this award has already been taken by PCmatic.:D

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: Ana_Filiz

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Their Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a good utility program. I go to it first for cookie cleaning and junk file cleaning.

roger_m

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I see that they're up to version 3 now and a program update was released at the end of March, but I have not tried it since it was first released. The first version was so unimpressive that I could not be bothered trying it again at the moment.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I see that they're up to version 3 now and a program update was released at the end of March, but I have not tried it since it was first released. The first version was so unimpressive that I could not be bothered trying it again at the moment.

If they survived for this long, maybe they have some success stories...

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Innovative Solutions hve been around for 20 years and publish some well known software such as DriverMax and Advanced Uninstaller. So if their antivirus isn't a success it won't matter, as they have other products.

20 years of activity from a software house from my country and I never heard of them. Wow... where was I all this time? :p

roger_m

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Sorry to bump this up but I just won a license for this from Join and Win! Keep your PC running at top speed. Does anyone know if much has changed since this topic started?
I've just installed it and am going to try it. It turns out I had won a free license too, so I thought it would be worth trying it again.

So far it's not looking good. It has failed twice to download the initial definitions update. I'm trying a third time now and hopefully it will finish updating. If not, I'll keep trying. Okay, so while I've been typing this it failed updating yet again.

Once the initial update has finished (if it ever does), future incremental updates should be very small. So I should have no problem updating once the first update completes.

The price has been reduced since it was first released, as can been seen on its website. Also, when it was trying to update, I got a popup offering me a one year subscription for $14.

R

Rodney74

This statement alone is reason enough for me to pass it up
View attachment 83527

Buy for $15 a bit misleading since they leave out the "for 30 days" and 5 devices is a great deal at $30 for 30 days o_O

I get your point, might as well say $1.99.... I mean when something says "Best Security in the World"...I expect it to cost $499.00

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Hmmm for now I might just pass on this. I will keep the key for a later date but yeah I am not convinced that this is decent enough to try out.

Reactions: roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.