Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky Internet Security 2020
Firewall security
About custom security
  1. Kis: Applications Control tweaked
  2. Removed pre-installed apps by Microsoft or third-party
  3. O&O ShutUP10 to manage the computer’s privacy settings
  4. Disable unnecessary Windows services.
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Edge Chromium: Bitwarden - Privacy Badger
Google Chrome: Bitwarden - Privacy Badger
Maintenance tools
Soft Organizer Pro / Wise Care 365 (paid) / O&O shutup10
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home / OneDrive (1TB)
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Home
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Asus i5 - 6198du - 12 GB ram - 500 GB Hd

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yeah, but with the tweaks applied to KIS + TAM + own K. Anti-Exploit tech, probably are mitigated enough, but adding a new layer of additional resident protection from a different security application You are increasing the probability of incompatibility problems :)

Alternatively You may use a non resident protection tool such as NVT SysHardener to apply mitigations, and avoid the use of resident protection from HitMan.Pro.Alert :unsure:

Outpost

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 11, 2020
Yeah, but with the tweaks applied to KIS + TAM + own K. Anti-Exploit tech, probably are mitigated enough, but adding a new layer of additional resident protection from a different security application You are increasing the probability of incompatibility problems :)

Alternatively You may use a non resident protection tool such as NVT SysHardener to apply mitigations, and avoid the use of resident protection from HitMan.Pro.Alert :unsure:

Hi, Harlan, I took your advice. I removed Hitmanpro.Alert (installed on another PC)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Yes, why?

Your KIS setup is very strong, especially for unsafe applications/DLLs/scripts (TAM). I am not sure if it is equally strong for LOLBins and fileless attacks, but it can probably mitigate most of them in some way. Many such attacks can be done via the weaponized MS Office documents. Normally, SysHardener could be tweaked to harden MS Office applications. But on SUA, the SysHardener's hardening for MS Office does not work.
I do not think that your setup requires any modification. Please, treat my notes as some theoretical considerations.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.