Panda are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Ok first of all buddy the following comments are NOT geared to flame you.
But i did take the trouble to read your comments, and NONE of them even come close to reality.
Admin Earth did make a effort to explain some things and others did as well.

That means you are NOT qualified to make statements and objective comments if you are not prepared to understand how what and why.

This is a MOMENT snap shot and does not reflect the other 200k malwares that are being released per hour.
So if a test proves that Panda is 100% then they can claim it.
Also people need to understand, that within the perfect config, you can achieve 100% detection.. however every little change that diverts from a perfect setting makes the effectiveness go down.
Usually its not the error of a AV engine for not detecting a malware, but individual user settings that override internal protocols that save guard you against malware. (Yes even most new ones)

I agree to the fact that Panda should not advertise with 100% but fact is everyone is doing it. And technically they are right to do so.
Anyway take my advise spend some time on the forums and read up. A whole world will open up for you.
Cheers m8

Omg... and this rootkit just got emailed into your system? You never clicked anything and you obviously never ever did anything that would be regarded as unsafe? Sure panda cannot protect you against a rootkit ...you got to be kidding me.
May i remind you there where one of the first to actually detect and remove rootkits?? May i remind you that 75% of all rootkit scanners out there are pretty much thanks to Pandas efforts?

the malware in ? was from my malware pack i test panda with look at my review

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
the malware in ? was from my malware pack i test panda with look at my review
Right i see well did Panda detect the rootkit? either while it was packed, hidden, activated or infected your system, or just doormat in a map to be tested. Because a doormat rootkit is often harmless and often hidden in legit programs which means a AV will look over it. While if you "activate" the rootkit it will get flagged.
Not every rootkit is infecting your system automatic. That being said i did not see that you tested Panda. I was thinking based upon your comment that you got infected by a rootkit while you where running Panda and in that scenario it is pretty hard to get your pc infected without Panda detecting it. (Make sure Detecting is different than actual removing it as the removing part of panda is less spectacular.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
well hitman pro found the rootkit and i had a feeling i was rootkited doing the review of panda 2014

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@nsm0220 You should be aware no security software can prevent all threats. Performing tests that involve harmful code against security software, there's always a percentage that the product will fail. I'm sure you already knew this.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
@nsm0220 You should be aware no security software can prevent all threats. Performing tests that involve harmful code against security software, there's always a percentage that the product will fail. I'm sure you already knew this.

I have yet to see Sandboxie circumvented.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Go Sandboxie! Er, I mean: "Bad, Panda! ..for letting in a :eek:rootkit & revealing your TRUE form!"

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Go Sandboxie! Er, I mean: "Bad, Panda! ..for letting in a :eek:rootkit & revealing your TRUE form!"
yes it does thats why i will be no longer test their av because very good av reviews keep point out its zero day protection troubles as well my review on it confirms they are right about it all along

D

Deleted member 178

+

yes it does thats why i will be no longer test their av because very good av reviews keep point out its zero day protection troubles as well my review on it confirms they are right about it all along

did you test what happened when you download those rootkits? (because rootkits doesn't appears magically on the HDD, they must come from somewhere, means pass by the webfilter or/and the memory; both supposed to be monitored by Panda).

just scanning or/and clicking on a executable already in the HDD may not be correct

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
it was only one rootkit btw and the rootkit was in the vm look at my video for more info

D

Deleted member 178

Malware tests in VMs are not 100% accurate.

And it's not Panda saying that ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.