Panda Cloud AV Free 2.0 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Littlebits said:
(this applies to the paid version, there is no tests for the free version done by professional testing sites). Only amateur Youtube video reviews.
This is untrue. Panda participates in AV-C with the free version. Also please take note that Behavioral Analysis had been included in PCAV Free following the release of 2.0.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Tobi said:
Littlebits said:
(this applies to the paid version, there is no tests for the free version done by professional testing sites). Only amateur Youtube video reviews.
This is untrue. Panda participates in AV-C with the free version. Also please take note that Behavioral Analysis had been included in PCAV Free following the release of 2.0.

Do you have the links to these tests? everyone that I found only says "Panda Cloud Pro". I can't find any professional AV test for the free version.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Pro version has just the firewall and USB immunizer added

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Pro version has just the firewall and USB immunizer added

You forgot Protection in public WiFi networks.

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/forHome/

I wonder why they always enter their Pro version in AV tests?
Unless their Community Firewall adds better real-time protection in tests.

Thanks.:D

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Littlebits said:
Do you have the links to these tests? everyone that I found only says "Panda Cloud Pro". I can't find any professional AV test for the free version.
From the File Detection tests to every other test conducted by AV-C. This information is stated on the same first page of the PDFs and when hovering over the text "Panda" when viewing the graph charts. :angel:

Littlebits said:
No, Umbra is correct. That would be the firewall.

For your last question, I believe it has been answered before but only a possible reason was stated. The firewall... no, that's not it.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Tobi said:
Littlebits said:
From the File Detection tests to every other test conducted by AV-C. This information is stated on the same first page of the PDFs and when hovering over the text "Panda" when viewing the graph charts. :angel:

Littlebits said:
No, Umbra is correct. That would be the firewall.

For your last question, I believe it has been answered before but only a possible reason was stated. The firewall... no, that's not it.

Ok I finally found it, I don't know how I missed it. Maybe I need my eyes checked. :p

Panda Cloud did very good on most of the tests except for the high number of false positives.

Panda Cloud's homepage lists Community Firewall and Protection in public WiFi networks as separate features. I was thinking that WiFi protection was like a Hotspot Shield. After reading over the features, the Community Firewall is not a network firewall like most of us think about when we hear the word "firewall", it is a cloud-based protection feature.

Not much is explained on their homepage about how it works or if it even controls network connections like firewalls. Could you please explain more about it?

Good day.:D

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Littlebits said:
After reading over the features, the Community Firewall is not a network firewall like most of us think about when we hear the word "firewall", it is a cloud-based protection feature.
Sorry, Littlebits, that is 95% incorrect. The firewall included in PCAV Pro is indeed a "true" firewall. But you are right that it has cloud-based features which gives it the "community" label.

Not much is explained on their homepage about how it works or if it even controls network connections like firewalls. Could you please explain more about it?
Hmm, I'll give a quick summary. :sleepy:

It is a community firewall that includes intrusion prevention and a rating system for processes that is somewhat comparable to avast! webrep. Like the windows firewall, it includes a network settings config based on trust level (i.e. public, work, and home). "Protection in public WiFi networks" is apart of the same feature - the firewall. If you are using a public network you may get a notification (again, like windows firewall).

Fellow Panda moderator "Buddee" explains the trust levels like this:

Home zone (Trust level 100%) = Full trust to your home computers, allow incoming request like files sharing, printer sharing etc.
Work (Trust level 80%) = Almost Like Home but with some inbound restrictions
Public Place (0 %) = No incoming connections until defined explicitly to over ride default rules.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Tobi said:
Littlebits said:
After reading over the features, the Community Firewall is not a network firewall like most of us think about when we hear the word "firewall", it is a cloud-based protection feature.
Sorry, Littlebits, that is 95% incorrect. The firewall included in PCAV Pro is indeed a "true" firewall. But you are right that it has cloud-based features which gives it the "community" label.

Hmm, I'll give a quick summary. :sleepy:

It is a community firewall that includes intrusion prevention and a rating system for processes that is somewhat comparable to avast! webrep. Like the windows firewall, it includes a network settings config based on trust level (i.e. public, work, and home). "Protection in public WiFi networks" is apart of the same feature - the firewall. If you are using a public network you may get a notification (again, like windows firewall).

Fellow Panda moderator "Buddee" explains the trust levels like this:

Home zone (Trust level 100%) = Full trust to your home computers, allow incoming request like files sharing, printer sharing etc.
Work (Trust level 80%) = Almost Like Home but with some inbound restrictions
Public Place (0 %) = No incoming connections until defined explicitly to over ride default rules.

Thanks for explaining this, Panda should put more info about the Community Firewall on their homepage for easy access. It sounds like an very interesting feature that could help sale the Pro version if more was explained about how it works in detail.

Enjoy!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.