Panda Cloud AV Free 2.0 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Nikos said:
How Panda Cloud v2 is doing on detection and zeroday malware. Is it any good?

have anbyone tested it?

I did my review here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Review-Panda-Cloud-Free-2-0

Things might have changed since I did the review though, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
Thank you seems decent AV. iam using it at the moment removed CAV.

Is it better than compared to CAV?

P

Plexx

2 different AVs.

Panda Cloud is mostly cloud based, while CAV has signatures + cloud if you have selected the cloud option.

Both are good but it will boil down to the user.

So decision is yours.

D

Deleted member 178

More seriously Panda Cloud has a better detection rate than CAV , and also an URL Filter and now a BB (plus a firewall and a vaccine USB feature for the Pro version)

P

Plexx

Nikos, if you are testing new malware, one thing you should know: every vendor will have different results each day.

For real world protection, when it comes to detection rates, you have 2 categories: High and moderate. For the High ones, it does come with a price: Higher False Positives.

That is in a nutshell

Take the lastest variation of the classified Ramnit by Avast. At the beginning only a few detcted. I uploaded to a few vendors. ESET confirmed they have identified the trojan accordingly but no released updates at that time. At the same time, Avira and Dr. Web for example already had it in its signatures :)

D

Deleted member 178

Nikos said:
Still dont detect much, in some tests detection rate ws very poor.

"Detection is nothing without Prevention and Vice versa" - Umbra Corp.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
Prevention for me. D+ is enough.

As Chiron said yesterday CAV is only usefull because it identifies some virus hense save you the trouble for making decisions for it whether o allow it or not.

D+ is HIPS will alert me for ANY system change and ill act accordinly, so thats enough for me.

P

Plexx

Nikos said:
Prevention for me. D+ is enough.

As Chiron said yesterday CAV is only usefull because it identifies some virus hense save you the trouble for making decisions for it whether o allow it or not.

D+ is HIPS will alert me for ANY system change and ill act accordinly, so thats enough for me.

Good luck with your decision.

Just bear one thing in mind, Chiron, HeffeD and others never encouraged you to not use CAV or any Real Time AV.

G

Guest28

hmm looks like they are having problems on the forums. http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=64208&tstart=0

Also panda's web blocker would not even block the test page for me....

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
ryan said:
hmm looks like they are having problems on the forums. http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=64208&tstart=0

Also panda's web blocker would not even block the test page for me....
Yes, there has been many new threads recently. :sleepy: I was pulling out my own hair.

There were some initial server issues not long ago. You didn't confuse the URL Monitor for the Filter, right? :D Oh, do you have sandboxie?

G

Guest28

You're saying that the problem with sandboxie is still an issue? I thought they had fixed this in V1? So whats the problem with it working in sandboxie now? Why has this issue not been brought up with the developers of panda? If the problem is fixed in one version why is it not in the new one? I'm not fully understanding the issue here. I understand your a mod of panda cloud i want to know why this is an issue again? Version 1.0 of panda the same stuff happened with people complaining about web filter. The issue was shortly fixed after but i see no solution to the fix now.

I saw this video in the community reviews. Now i know i am suppose to take these reviews with a *grain of salt* but you can obviously see something is wrong here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
ryan said:
You're saying that the problem with sandboxie is still an issue? I thought they had fixed this in V1? So whats the problem with it working in sandboxie now?
You just need to add the URL Filter to sandboxie's exclusion list. There doesn't appear to be any major compatibility issues or anything. :)

The youtube tester posted on our community forum so it is getting another mention.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update: 2.0.0 to 2.0.1
- a few bug fixes

Latest: Panda Cloud AV 2.0.1

Download: http://www.cloudantivirus.com/

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Earth said:
Update: 2.0.0 to 2.0.1
- a few bug fixes
* Interface fonts at 125%. Correction in the Pixels per Point (PPP) escalation process.
* Wrong detection URL in tooltips (PSUN reports).
* Error when displaying tooltips regarding firewall reports.
* Slowdown when accessing shared resources. All documents where being scanned on the server each time the shared folder was being accessed.
* Slowdown when sending mails from Thunderbird.
* Slowdown when accessing files on the network.

There is no public announcement at the moment that provides a changelog.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Can anyone tell me the percenatage of detection rate roughly?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
MRF71 said:
Can anyone tell me the percenatage of detection rate roughly?

It is never known what the percentage detection rate is of any product.

What is important is Panda Cloud received VB100 certification which is granted to products that prove a 100% detection rate for malware samples listed as “In the Wild” by the WildList Organization in August 2012. Panda Cloud Antivirus achieved the highest rating “Advanced+” given by AV-Comparatives.org in July 2012. (this applies to the paid version, there is no tests for the free version done by professional testing sites). Only amateur Youtube video reviews.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.