Expired Panda Giveaways

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
It's a great product. Highly underrated. Very good detection in behavioural analysis and blocking, and the product is particularly effective against zero-days when you turn On the Application control. In terms of protection against malicious websites, one of the best detection ratio you can get.Far better than products like Avast and Emsisoft for example,in that area. Very stable, the product itself doesn't need updates and considerable bug fixes every month. No lengthy definitions updates, once your connected, you're already up to date (updates definitions, once per day, for offline protection-a very small update). Extremely light on resources. Give it a try guys :)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It's a great product. Highly underrated. Very good detection in behavioural analysis and blocking, and the product is particularly effective against zero-days when you turn On the Application control....
No lengthy definitions updates, once your connected, you're already up to date (updates definitions, once per day, for offline protection-a very small update). Extremely light on resources. Give it a try guys :)
Autonomous AV tests have put Panda ahead in zero-day protection and it's quite light. But I can't verify it's overall effectiveness against other famous AVs (non-cloud mainly).

I tested Panda Cloud AV (sorry for l'il offtopic) in MH once and found that it provides timeout (default: 30s) for which it will block a suspicious process while awaiting cloud results. The sample was a notorious rogueware that did not perform malicious activities for a minute after launch.
Then it launches and easily crashes the PC by spawning multiple rogue windows.
Panda was sittin' idle all the time!

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
It's a great product. Highly underrated. Very good detection in behavioural analysis and blocking, and the product is particularly effective against zero-days when you turn On the Application control. In terms of protection against malicious websites, one of the best detection ratio you can get.Far better than products like Avast and Emsisoft for example,in that area. Very stable, the product itself doesn't need updates and considerable bug fixes every month. No lengthy definitions updates, once your connected, you're already up to date (updates definitions, once per day, for offline protection-a very small update). Extremely light on resources. Give it a try guys :)
Agreed. The free version of Panda is good, but as there are so many giveaways, you can better get the pro or the internet security. Signatures are ok, the web blocker is very good, but enabling the application control is a must. (I'm still wondering why it isn't there by default or at least they should ask to enable it on first startup) If you use the Internet security, you can also better enable the data shield which is very effective against ransomwares. And the best of all, it's the lighest AV on the market these days.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I'm using Panda Free right now and I have mixed feelings.
  1. It didn't disable Windows Defender; I had to do it manually
  2. It won't complete a scan if you have the scan archives option enabled; hence, I wonder if it stops working without warning in real-time cf. Panda Security Forum - View topic - Panda stops scanning at around 90% completion
  3. I had it's URL filter hog CPU and cripple the network (I mean the entire network, not just the local PC's connection) until I restarted the machine running Panda
I'm still running it for now. I'm not sure about it's lightness, particularly with web traffic. If there isn't any response to these issues on their forum, then I'll lose faith in the product and will likely switch to BD Free.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
I'm using Panda Free right now and I have mixed feelings.
  1. It didn't disable Windows Defender; I had to do it manually
  2. It won't complete a scan if you have the scan archives option enabled; hence, I wonder if it stops working without warning in real-time cf. Panda Security Forum - View topic - Panda stops scanning at around 90% completion
  3. I had it's URL filter hog CPU and cripple the network (I mean the entire network, not just the local PC's connection) until I restarted the machine running Panda
I'm still running it for now. I'm not sure about it's lightness, particularly with web traffic. If there isn't any response to these issues on their forum, then I'll lose faith in the product and will likely switch to BD Free.
Looking at your info, it says AV: BitDefender now, so I'm guessing these problems weren't solved or responded to by Panda? (hence, the switch to BD?)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.