Request Password management sub-forum

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Password managers are an important part of most people's security suite. There are lots of competing services available- each with their own advantages and disadvantages.

So I think it would be a good idea to have a dedicated sub-forum for "Password Managers".

At the moment discussion on this topic is split between different parts of the forum- including 'browser extensions' and general security discussions'. Better to have one main space for password manager discussions I think.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I agree. I am using sticky password because I have one wear subscription. But a few days ago I try 1password and the export files from sticky are not compatible with the 1password, so I am afraid off bin stock with sticky if I can't export the passwords.
For example, I would like to no more about Keeper password and if someone ever exports passwords from Sticky to other services.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Password managers are an important part of most people's security suite. There are lots of competing services available- each with their own advantages and disadvantages.

So I think it would be a good idea to have a dedicated sub-forum for "Password Managers".

At the moment discussion on this topic is split between different parts of the forum- including 'browser extensions' and general security discussions'. Better to have one main space for password manager discussions I think.
You probably need to expand a bit further on that idea/suggestion, because I wonder where exactly would that sub-forum be added? :unsure:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I agree. I am using sticky password because I have one wear subscription. But a few days ago I try 1password and the export files from sticky are not compatible with the 1password, so I am afraid off bin stock with sticky if I can't export the passwords.
For example, I would like to no more about Keeper password and if someone ever exports passwords from Sticky to other services.

To export from Sticky to 1Password you need to first export to Roboform then save the Roboform database to CSV and import in 1Pasword. You'll lose any identities or Secure Memos doing it. So you'll have to create them manually.

+1 here for a new forum I was wishing to discuss the advantages/disadvantages myself as I've been considering changing from Sticky to 1Password or Dashlane and all I can find on the Web are badly disguised ads.

BTW the incompatibility of Sticky with mostly everyone else is one of the reasons I am considering changing. If the company goes down It'll be complicated to switch to a new product.

Last edited:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
To export from Sticky to 1Password you need to first export to Roboform then save the Roboform database to CSV and import in 1Pasword. You'll lose any identities or Secure Memos doing it. So you'll have to create them manually.

+1 here for a new forum I was wishing to discuss the advantages disadvantages myself as I've been considering changing from Sticky to !Password or Dashlane and all I can find on the Web are badly disguised ads.

BTW the incompatibility of Sticky with mostly everyone else is one of the reasons I am considering changing. If the company goes down It'll be complicated to switch to a new product.
Thanks for the clarification, i read very good reviews about Keeper password.

Reactions: mlnevese

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017

+1 here for a new forum I was wishing to discuss the advantages disadvantages myself as I've been considering changing from Sticky to !Password or Dashlane and all I can find on the Web are badly disguised ads.

I would not worry about the company shutting down or would not change sticky because other password managers don't support it.
There are more online password managers out there than offline and sticky is one of the best and also offline (or online).
It is better to ask developers to add another option to export.

EDIT:
Solution
1, Export sticky password database to XML format
2, In Bitwarden import the XML file
3, Enjoy :D

1607028389357.png

Last edited:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I would not worry about the company shutting down or would not change sticky because other password managers don't support it.
There are more online password managers out there than offline and sticky is one of the best and also offline (or online).
It is better to ask developers to add another option to export.
Yes but they last update is from March, for a security company it's a little be strange so few updates. I really like the software, i really don't want to change unless it is really necessary.

Build 8.2.3.43 (Mar 10, 2020)​

• Extension for Edge browser based on Chromium engine is now installed from the Microsoft Edge Addons website
  • Fixed issue with import from Chrome

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Yes but they last update is from March, for a security company it's a little be strange so few updates. I really like the software, i really don't want to change unless it is really necessary.

Build 8.2.3.43 (Mar 10, 2020)​

• Extension for Edge browser based on Chromium engine is now installed from the Microsoft Edge Addons website
  • Fixed issue with import from Chrome
No need to fix if something is good :D
But yeah I understand your point and agreed!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.