Poll Password Manager Poll (2022)

Which Password manager do you use?(Poll)

• KeePass

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • NordPass

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Sticky password

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • LastPass

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Bitwarden

Votes: 112 50.7%
  • Dashlane

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Firefox

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 1Password

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Kaspersky Password Manager

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Roboform

Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I haven't fully settled on a specific service, yet. Looked at Bitwarden for a while, and what struck me was that I could not use the client offline on my smartphone at the time, for example. Then again... how often is it, that I am in need of a password offline.
Have not read it yet, but some info from Bitwatden:

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

is Dashlane a good pw manager?
Yes, it is! If you like web-first experience (as they call it), which means you can only access your password manager as a web app in yoour browser and not as a desktop app, then everything else would be functioning as you'd expect. Android and iOS autofill functionality is working as intended with almost no issues.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Here's my take on my password managers as I literally used almost of the known ones.

First, I do not find it a great idea from a security point of view to store your passwords online especially on the company's servers. You might argue that the database is encrypted and if fell in the wrong hands it's useless. This is a risk I am not going to take. I would not even use Bitwarden even if it is open-source for the reason I've just mentioned. Bitwarden is used by millions of people for it is free and this makes it a target to hackers. It is a matter of time that it would get hacked. Thus, it is a great idea to use an offline password manager or one that allows you to sync your passwords to a cloud of your choosing (this would be more secure than the company's servers because it is less likely for an attacker to target you).

Second, many password managers have gone mad and started doing what antivirus vendors starting doing—adding useless features (bloatware). Some password managers include VPN and whatsoever. Why? I just do not get it. They ask you to pay a fortune. In my opinion, I'd stick with pure password managers that they do what they should do and nothing else.

Third, some antivirus vendors started offering their own password managers. Personally, I tend to avoid these because I change vendors every now and then.

Finally, some password managers allow you to create custom fields and allow you store 2FA codes there. While this is a very convenient and useful feature, it is a security disaster. You're literally having all your eggs in one basket. If an attacker gains access to your password manager, you're screwed. This, too, does defeat the purpose of 2FA in the first place. Moreover, if it happens and you lose access to your password manager (maybe you forgot the master password), again you're screwed.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Google is going to help you out with the strength of your password in Chrome.

But if you use a generator, this prob. would not be necessary, I bet.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
My password manager is my head. I have never stored important passwords anywhere but in my brain. These are not passwords that can be easily cracked. Kaspersky claims it will take thousands of years, but if that's true, I don't know :LOL:
Wish I could do that but I have far too many passwords to remember all of them plus any passwords for sites such as banking are very complex.

Now, I could do something like this for passwords; Blackcat88??Wilders, Blackcat88??Amazon. Blackcat88??Paypal, easy to remember but once one gets compromised basically they are all compromised.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm a recent Lastpass exit case..now BW is my main PM with 1Password as a backup.
Would it not make more sense to use 1Password as primary, as it's subscription-based, and keep Bitwarden secondary.

1Password is by default more secure, as you need a unique key, along with your username+password to access the vault.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
1Password is a disaster right now. The latest version barely works on Android, and even iOS users are jumping ship like nuts. Add to that their ridiculously high pricing structure, and there's simply no reason to use them anymore.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.