Poll Password Manager Poll (2022)

Which Password manager do you use?(Poll)

• KeePass

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • NordPass

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Sticky password

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • LastPass

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Bitwarden

Votes: 112 50.7%
  • Dashlane

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Firefox

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 1Password

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Kaspersky Password Manager

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Roboform

Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Tried Keeper - Bitwarden and finally 1Password.

If it comes to ease of use Ill prefer 1Password before Bitwarden.

Keeper was not for me because of the nag showing on the Management Console or App to Upgrade to another plan. (I was in a Paid Plan ;) )

Bitwarden has a special place in my heart and tried to implement it to a company structure as an on-prem server. But limitations of Policys and Restrictions made this product not good for our use. Especially with long Notes for added information just became unreadable. For Home and Private use one of the best products to date.

Then why use 1Password? Because of ease of use and better integration with mac products and everywhere else on Windows or Browser it just feels premium.

Best regards
Val.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

I am using Dashlane for I have free-for-life premium subscription, otherwise I would be using 1Password. I gave up on Sticky Password for it seems dead to me. Enpass lost my trust after they did not honour their lifetime license owners.

Reactions: Nevi and blackice
F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Then why use 1Password? Because of ease of use and better integration with mac products and everywhere else on Windows or Browser it just feels premium.
And they offer the best Linux app. 1Password, Enpass and Keepass are the only password managers I can think of that offer Linux app.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Used LastPass close to a year ago until they made the one device policy. I then switched to Bitwarden as I use the manager for my phone and computer. (Authenticator is also enabled for my account as well.)

Reactions: Nevi

beam2546

Level 1
Aug 7, 2015
Bitwarden free

Why pay for other password manager when Bitwarden make most major feature available for free while having their client and server open-sourced? (Of course, please buy premium to support them and get some nice extra feature when you're not broke like me :LOL:)

Sure, it's little bit less user-friendly than 1Password (which is second best for me) but there are no major difference between 1Password and Bitwarden. Both are also good product. It's just that one literally offer most feature for free and other one required you to pay almost $36 per year while offering basically same thing that Bitwarden premium offer for $10.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've just started using RoboForm. It's cheap (although I'm just using a trial of the paid version now) has good reviews and the app works on my Xiaomi Android phone.

I tried Sticky Password, but it does not support the browser I use, so I was unable to use it. I also tried Bitwarden and another password manager, but I could not get their Android apps to work and actually autofill usernames and passwords. It's an issue with Xiaomi's version of Android rather than the apps themselves.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
is Dashlane a good pw manager?
1. It is browser based.
2. Extension works but it is essential for browser based password managers, so no surprise.
3. It has the option to set biometric, 2FA, and you can choose between different but FIXED key derivation function.

Simple, but as a former graphic designer I can say the UI is ugly. IMO there are better alternatives.

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Used Bitwarden for a long time. Switched to KeePassXC because I'm not a fan of storing my data online even if it's Bitwarden, because you never know . Have multiple backups on external HDD's and flash drives that are encrypted in veracrypt containers, or, if the files are very small, I use pycocryp. Deleted all my passwords on Bitwarden and only use it for sending private text messages as links.

It works for me. (y)

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I haven't fully settled on a specific service, yet. Looked at Bitwarden for a while, and what struck me was that I could not use the client offline on my smartphone at the time, for example. Then again... how often is it, that I am in need of a password offline.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.