Poll Password Manager Poll (2022)

Which Password manager do you use?(Poll)

• KeePass

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • NordPass

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Sticky password

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • LastPass

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Bitwarden

Votes: 112 50.7%
  • Dashlane

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Firefox

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 1Password

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Kaspersky Password Manager

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Roboform

Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017

Q: What third-party services, libraries or identifiers are used in my Bitwarden account?​

A: In the mobile apps, Firebase Cloud Messaging (often mistaken for a tracker) is used only for push notifications related to sync and performs absolutely no tracking functions. Microsoft Visual Studio App Center is used for crash reporting on a range of mobile devices. In the web vault, Stripe and PayPal scripts are used for payment processing only on payment pages.

For those who prefer to exclude all 3rd party communication, Firebase and Microsoft Visual Studio App Center are removed completely from the F-Droid build. Additionally, turning off push notifications on a self-hosted Bitwarden server will disable using the push relay server.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
JFI

I have checked for trackers on some PM’s android app

Having Zero (0) trackers goes to Sticky Password, BW (F-Droid version) and Keeper

NordPass and Enpass etc do have some trackers

Checked using ClassyShark3xodus

1Password and Remembear (discontinued) have no trackers. Enpass previously had no trackers, but recently they incorporated 2.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
1Password and Remembear (discontinued) have no trackers. Enpass previously had no trackers, but recently they incorporated 2.
1Password android app has trackers

Screenshot-20230101-203133-com-o-F2pks-classyshark3xodus.jpg

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Im %100 sure that their Android app had no trackers according to Exodus Privacy. It seems that they included one in their new version?
Last version 7.9.4 has no trackers as tested by Exodus Privacy website
Latest version 8.9.10 has trackers as tested by ClassyShark3xodus. See above post #154

Screenshot-20230101-213351-org-ungoogled-chromium-extensions-stable.jpg

Screenshot-20230101-214701-com-huawei-filemanager.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Last version 7.9x has no trackers
Latezt verion 8.x has trackers

1Password is dead to me. They ruined the product.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For Keeper's android app

Testing latest version of Keeper v16.6.20.1077 with Exodus Privacy
Screenshot-20230102-095217-org-eu-exodus-privacy-exodusprivacy.jpg

Testing latest version of Keeper v16.6.20.1077 with ClassyShark3xodus. I supposed that Google Play Install Referrer' is not a tracker, right?

Screenshot-20230102-091024-com-o-F2pks-classyshark3xodus.jpg

Keeper's statement on App Trackers

Last edited by a moderator:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Actually jokes aside it's true. Because there are characters in some European, E Asian (Chinese Japanese Korean), Indian and Arabic languages that will nearly never be used by hackers. Hackers normally default to English either US or UK.
:LOL: I think that the database of a PM doesn't even accept these types of characters? well I think, I never tried to use it, to know if a PM accepts with a master password. I had a friend who wrote the Windows keys in Japanese, the most ironic thing is that he was not Japanese, nor a descendant, but later I learned that he did an internship in Japan for about 3 years.

2- As for security audits, they cost considerable amounts of money, so not all products can afford doing them. And as I said before, one should not blindly trust audits. Regarding SP security, Kaspersky and Eset have incorporated SP as their password manager before
Yes, that's right, they incorporated SP into Eset Smart Security Premium in 2017 in the SP Blog they talk about it. -> ESET Password Manager. (y)

Regarding Wifi/local sync in SP, good luck if you are using more than two devices. SP struggles in syncing data offline for more than 2 devices.
Yes, what you are saying is true, yesterday on New Year's Eve I went to sync my Laptop's SP with my phone and it failed miserably and I couldn't sync via Wifi/local sync, after several attempts, I gave up, and was disappointed. 😞

The new version of SP now features Dark Web Monitoring. Interesting, look at the capture of it attached in Spoiler. (y)

1672639836737.png

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The new version of SP now features Dark Web Monitoring. Interesting, look at the capture of it attached in Spoiler. (y)

For those who have a lifetime licesne, the initial year of this service is going to be free. After that lifetime users will have to pay to use the service (dark web monitoring).

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
The LastPass security breach controversy continues. After an independent security analyst described statements made by LastPass as “half-truths and outright lies,” rival password management company 1Password has also weighed in …

LastPass claimed that cracking users’ master passwords would take millions of years, but 1Password says that this isn’t true for most users. Indeed, it says, it would cost just $100 to crack the master password of a typical LastPass user.

Background:​

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: piquiteco and Jack

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I personally hate Lastpass, but I do also hate when rivals take advantage of the downfalls of competitors.

While 1Password seems to be more secure on paper, they store the data on cloud which makes it as vulnerable as any other cloud-based password manager.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For those who have a lifetime licesne, the initial year of this service is going to be free. After that lifetime users will have to pay to use the service (dark web monitoring).

Where do you get the info on their website? Thanks

I personally hate Lastpass, but I do also hate when rivals take advantage of the downfalls of competitors.

While 1Password seems to be more secure on paper, they store the data on cloud which makes it as vulnerable as any other cloud-based password manager.

Is BW local storage of any use if you are not self-hosting a server...............which requires extra knowledge to do the self-hosting?

Most functions of Bitwarden are accessible in offline mode, however you won't be able to make edits to or add vault items, attachments, or sends or import new vault items.

Unquote

So, can I say PMs like SP and Enpass which uses WiFi sync will have local storage............the exception being BW which do not support WiFi sync but has local storage?

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Is BW local storage of any use if you are not self-hosting a server...............which requires extra knowledge to do the self-hosting?

Most functions of Bitwarden are accessible in offline mode, however you won't be able to make edits to or add vault items, attachments, or sends or import new vault items.

Unquote

So, can I say PMs like SP, Enpass, 1Password which uses WiFi sync will have local storage............the exception being BW which do not support WiFi sync but has local storage?
To my knowledge, the local storage of BW is to provide offline access to your vault, but in a read-only mode.

1Password offers offline access with the ability to make changes to your vault, but unfortunately there is no way to sync your data via wifi only via their servers.

Reactions: piquiteco

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
To my knowledge, the local storage of BW is to provide offline access to your vault, but in a read-only mode.

1Password offers offline access with the ability to make changes to your vault, but unfortunately there is no way to sync your data via wifi only via their servers.

Sorry, I deleted 1Password because it no longer offers local storage, only cloud storage

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.