[*]RoboForm
[/LIST]
In-depth Comparison

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
What of the following software do you use as password manager? In particular I want to find a solution able to auto-fill login credentials in both websited and desktop apps that is secure and stored encrypted data, possibly locally and/or in the cloud.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Bitwarden: Online, quite safe, very handy, multi-platform sync.
Keepass (portable): Offline with Bitwarden database imported, used as backup of Bitwarden or when im not on my machines.
I use Bitwarden and was thinking about doing something similar with Keepass. Now that I've seen someone doing the same I would do this as well.

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
I tried Bitwarden a few days ago. I would stay with it, but it much less user friendly than LasPass. For example: lastpass add an icon inside the login and password windows that let you easily choose what login you want. After you choose it it will add the correspondent password, even if you go to the "next page". Bitwarden doesn't have that icon, so you have to click on the extension everytime you need it. Besided that, it doesnt remember your login option if you change the page.

Reactions: Protomartyr
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I tried Bitwarden a few days ago. I would stay with it, but it much less user friendly than LasPass. For example: lastpass add an icon inside the login and password windows that let you easily choose what login you want.
After you choose it it will add the correspondent password, even if you go to the "next page". Bitwarden doesn't have that icon, so you have to click on the extension everytime you need it. Besided that, it doesnt remember your login option if you change the page.
It does, just not by default, you just need to enable it in the settings. (just not as efficiently than Lastpass)
Anyway, you just click in the extension instead of the password box, same click, just not a the same place ^^

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
Keepass Portable: I find it integrates well with Firefox Portable even without a Firefox add-on. The only other one I tried was Password Safe, but I found it had fewer features and a confusing interface.

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I use Bitwarden and was thinking about doing something similar with Keepass. Now that I've seen someone doing the same I would do this as well.
Couldn't find an easy way to import Bitwarden's database to KeePass so ended up with KeePassXC which is a fork of KeePass with better design and some additional features.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Couldn't find an easy way to import Bitwarden's database to KeePass so ended up with KeePassXC which is a fork of KeePass with better design and some additional features.
It is simple, in the extension go to settings > export > enter master password > select KeePass v2 Json format as output file. > save it where you want.

Then in KeePass, import the saved file by selecting Bitwarden Json.

Job done.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I never tried the XC version, what are the differences (beside being multi-platform)?
It has a browser extension if you want to use that and some other features. Tbh, I don't know enough about both products to point out the differences. Maybe just install and check it out?

Reactions: Protomartyr

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
i am happy that they add Truekey import feature to its import list
they are active at their form in sourceforge
I donated to them ;) ;) for such great project
1579882853075.png

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
It does, just not by default, you just need to enable it in the settings. (just not as efficiently than Lastpass)
Anyway, you just click in the extension instead of the password box, same click, just not a the same place ^^

View attachment 232731

Thanks for the suggestion. However, please note that it clearly gives a warning for being an experimental feature. Use at your own risk.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.