[*]RoboForm
[/LIST]
In-depth Comparison

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
What of the following software do you use as password manager? In particular I want to find a solution able to auto-fill login credentials in both websited and desktop apps that is secure and stored encrypted data, possibly locally and/or in the cloud.

LM77

Level 1
Verified
Sep 11, 2016
Ditto here about Sticky Password.

Note too that Sticky is exceptionally good for auto login to encrypted apps/files (not just websites). Also, with Sticky you can save your PWs on your own computer. In addition, you can often find some very good lifetime subscription deals for Sticky on the web.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
after a few years of using chrome's built-in password manager, I switched to Lastpass about a week ago. I tried both Bitwarden and Lastpass and after seeing them both in action I chose Lastpass only due to the fact that it has a much better integration within the Android OS. I honestly hope Bitwarden steps it up and add the functionalities that Lastpass has inside the Android so I can switch. I really like to support Open-Source projects.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Moved to Enpass Password Manager recently and I can say it is decent. I don't need to worry about their subscription model as I have a lifetime license. I sync the database to OneDrive.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
What's wrong about chrome's built-in password manager? I never used any other password manager other than Google, due to better Android integration. Anyway, the most important passwords are in my mind (bank or another sensible information).

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
What's wrong about chrome's built-in password manager? I never used any other password manager other than Google, due to better Android integration. Anyway, the most important passwords are in my mind (bank or another sensible information).
AFAIK, the password list in Chrome-based browsers, even the portable versions, is locked to a specific computer and can't be backed up or transferred to another computer except through Google sync, which some people consider a privacy concern. Also, until around a year ago, the Chrome password list was stored in plaintext, making it easy for malware to access. Even the Firefox stored passwords are weakly encrypted and should not be used for anything important like banking or healthcare websites.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I'm currently using BitWarden and have been generally satisfied with it, apart from a few times over recent weeks when I could not sign into it on a Win PC. The first PM that I regularly used was RoboForm, can't remember when that was other than early this century, I couldn't believe that I'd managed to not use a PM previously. I've tried Keepass, PasswordSafe, Encrypt, Zoho Vault, LastPass and Dashlane among others over the years, with varying degrees of satisfaction. None had any features that I miss through using BitWarden now, or seemed to be any more reliable or secure.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I'm currently using BitWarden and have been generally satisfied with it, apart from a few times over recent weeks when I could not sign into it on a Win PC. The first PM that I regularly used was RoboForm, can't remember when that was other than early this century, I couldn't believe that I'd managed to not use a PM previously. I've tried Keepass, PasswordSafe, Encrypt, Zoho Vault, LastPass and Dashlane among others over the years, with varying degrees of satisfaction. None had any features that I miss through using BitWarden now, or seemed to be any more reliable or secure.

What about Android integration? I'm thinking to try Bitwarden and replace Chrome buiilt in password manager. Thanks

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.