Advice Request Password Managers

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

TheJokerz

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2016
I have used Roboform for many years, I however have been using Bitwarden for the last year. There have been some security issues from my understanding with roboform that is why i switched over to Bitwarden.

There are several things that i like about bitwarden, first and formost it is open source, and they are transparent when it comes to their security and the audits that they perform. Also they have an app that you can install locally on your machine, or you can use the addin on your browser.

Just my 2 cents i know you did not ask about it..

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Sticky Password has an option to synchronise passwords across devices over your local WIFI so that they never leave your home network. That way you can avoid uploading information to the cloud if you choose to.

I think password managers are a very useful tool- and becoming almost essential for good security. However, I don't let them store passwords for online banking or email accounts. That information is still written down on paper !

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
You could have made a poll and maybe you still can.

I use LastPass. I find it a lot better than RoboForm which I used to use. I like it for giving me autofill even when no password is called for. I MUCH prefer autofilling forms. LastPass also lets me store information very securely in Secure Notes.

I don't think it makes sense to be without a password manager. Certainly it allows you to do much more secure passwords. I used to have the same password on every site. Now it's 20-character, numerals, upper case letters, lower case letters and special characters in every password.

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
I want to change lastpass for a long time, I feel a little heavy ..

I like bitwarden, but sometimes I need to save an image of a few KB next to a password and I need to pay for that.

I understand that the free version of dashlane is very limited.

I'm hesitating between enpass and bitwarden looking for some way to fix the images, like save them in google keep and put a link or something like that.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I pretty much started the Bit Warden Wave last year. I've used Bit Warden for a couple years and really enjoy it. I've worked on and off with Kyle giving input on security, development, features/improvements. Also this was during the whole misconfigured AWS bucket situation I kept warning about and the fact that BW uses Azure which I felt back then was more secure than AWS. (but with the AWS wizard and audit tools, it's become much safer these days)

Still a huge fan of Bit Warden. The fact it is entirely opensource, gets audits and has a bug bounty along with virtually all of the Last Pass features - and being entirely free makes it a no brainer IMO.

Behind the scenes with the Bitwarden password manager

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.