Advice Request Password Managers

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I'm not a Bitwarden user, but looking at their site it doesn't appear as a simple option to store in a local file like some other programs. They do suppport:

On-premise Hosting
- Easily deploy and host Bitwarden on-premise with no dependency on external cloud services.

Further details on how to install and deploy the on-premise hosting option are given here.
Thanks Man. But i am also not Bitwarden user i installed it on my PC but soon i got sticky password premium free 1 year giveaway.

Reactions: stefanos

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
I use Bitwarden for more than 2 years and I've never been hacked or compromised.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Based on all the kind words here for Bitwarden I thought I'd give it a shake. But today, while importing and adding entries to my Bitwarden account I was cut-off after a few hours of maintenance. When I went to the Bitworden website, I was denied access with a message saying my IP had been banned.

This is quite disconcerting. I emailed support asking why.

Any thoughts here? I'm using a residential service. Keepass is looking better than ever.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Based on all the kind words here for Bitwarden I thought I'd give it a shake. But today, while importing and adding entries to my Bitwarden account I was cut-off after a few hours of maintenance. When I went to the Bitworden website, I was denied access with a message saying my IP had been banned.

This is quite disconcerting. I emailed support asking why.

Any thoughts here? I'm using a residential service. Keepass is looking better than ever.
Once something similar happened to me I was adding a new entry through the chrome extension and it logged me out from all of my devices and I couldn't login again for some minutes. I suppose they were updating the server.

Reactions: codswollip

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Best password manager
notebook-1198156_960_720.jpg
:ROFLMAO::p

Steven Brown

Level 1
Jan 5, 2019
If you have a bit of brain you don't need password manager, i created an easy-to-remember method based on a personal passphrase adapted for every sites .
Only con, it is long to type ^^

My only needs for managers is that some banking sites forces complex usernames and sometimes im lazy to type...

Agree with you friend I'm also didn't use any Password Manager.

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.