CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
1657711743_password_tech.jpg

Password Tech is a powerful password generator capable of generating large amounts of cryptographically-secure passwords, pronounceable passwords, pattern-based passwords, passphrases composed of words, and scripted passwords. Passwords can be stored in encrypted databases along with user names, URLs, notes, etc. Password Tech provides lots of options to customize passwords to the users' various needs, and individual scripting with Lua gives full control over the process of password generation. Text encryption is also supported.

Program features:
  • Password generation based on a cryptographically secure pseudo-random number generator (combination of SHA-256 and AES or ChaCha20)
  • Entropy gathering by collecting volatile system parameters and measuring time intervals between user keystrokes, mouse movements, and mouse clicks
  • Password manager functionality through databases encrypted with a master password, containing passwords associated with a title, user name, URL, etc.
  • Generation of pass phrases composed of words from a word list
  • Pattern-based password generation (formatted passwords) provides nearly endless possibilities to customize passwords to the user’s needs
  • Scripting functionality (Lua) with a programming interface to PwTech allows full control over password generation
  • Generation of phonetic (pronounceable) passwords based on language-specific trigram (3-letter) frequencies
  • Numerous password options for various purposes
  • Generation of large amounts of passwords at once
  • “Password hasher” functionality
  • Secure text encryption (AES with 256-bit key)
  • Multilingual support
  • Full Unicode Support
  • Runs on Microsoft Windows versions beginning with XP, including Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (32/64-bit)

Password Tech 3.4.4 changelog:

New Features

• PassCube password manager: Databases can be protected by key files in addition to or in place of a regular password; password entry dialog allows selection of key files and creation of new 256-bit key files
  • PassCube: Recovery password (and/or key file) can be configured to enable recovery of the database in case the regular master password has been lost; databases can then be opened using either password; alternatively, the recovery password may function as an "administrator key" to allow individuals with elevated rights to access all databases in an organization (provided that all databases have been set up with the same recovery password)
  • PassCube: Remember last selected entry and tag(s) when locking database

Changes & Improvements
PassCube: Changed HMAC algorithm (to protect data integrity and authenticity) from SHA-256 to SHA-512 in new version of database format (1.3)
PassCube: Search options "Fuzzy" and "Case sensitive" moved to context menu, which can be accessed by right-clicking on the search button in the toolbar
PassCube: "Notes" column in list view: Ignore line breaks, length limited to 200 characters
Added digital signatures to all executable files

Fixes
  • Various minor bug fixes

Homepage

Download link

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I installed it. It's nice. I was using

Nerd

Oct 19, 2022
I installed it. It's nice. I was using

That's a very popular website my colleagues and I have been using for years at work. The convenience of an online service is unbeatable, even though I gave Password Tech a try and it's a nice utility.

Reactions: amirr

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
That's a very popular website my colleagues and I have been using for years at work. The convenience of an online service is unbeatable, even though I gave Password Tech a try and it's a nice utility.
Indeed. Besides that, I use Keepass. But I found the website above a bit better.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.