Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi,
Patch is available for testing now.

Update sources: Index of /ap2/

Please note that to install the patch in KSeC (KSDE), you need to update the product from the test server using the commands below.
Code:
Windows x86cd "%ProgramFiles%\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Secure Connection 5.2"avp.com update http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/ap2

Windows x64cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Secure Connection 5.2"avp.com update http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/ap2
Check the presence of a patch in the standard windows "Support", "About the program."

Changes:
WebAV performance tuning

To begin testing you need to do next:
1. Install product
2. Update from public servers and reboot OS
3. Enable traces
4. Set Manual mode of Update
5. Set Update source: Index of /ap2/
6. Reboot OS

As usual I'd like to remind you:
1) If you found any problem, please, re-check it on the previous patch. Here we are looking only for bugs related to current patch.
2) Don't forget about traces and screenshots.

Bug report: version 2021MR3
Flood will be deleted.
Source

wdc1

Level 1
Sep 9, 2019
Hello, I had patch C in my KAV and lost my patience so I went to cmd shell, navigate to where avp.com is and execute update from this url=avp.com update Index of /ap2/, rebooted and now I have patch E in my KAV, how bad could be to do this? thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Patch D release via update:

Patch D for version 21.3.10.391

Patch D for Kaspersky Internet Security version 21.3.10.391 was released on June 25, 2021.
In patch D, we have fixed several application issues.
To install the patch:
  1. Run the database update for Kaspersky Internet Security. For instructions, see Online Help.
  2. Restart the computer once the updates are completed.
The patch will be installed. To check if the patch was installed successfully, open the application window and click the Support icon in the lower-left corner. The information about the application version will be available in the window that opens. The version number will have the letter d added.
To complete the patch installation successfully, computer reboot is required. If you don't reboot the computer in seven days after the application receives the patch, the icon on the Windows taskbar will turn red.
1625008051180.png

Last edited by a moderator:

wdc1

Level 1
Sep 9, 2019
Hello, I had patch C in my KAV and lost my patience so I went to cmd shell, navigate to where avp.com is and execute update from this url=avp.com update Index of /ap2/, rebooted and now I have patch E in my KAV, how bad could be to do this? thanks!
well, it was very bad...

with patch E my KAV stopped working after a few reboots so I had to uninstall and then reinstall it, after that I still got only patch C so I went and removed the 2 at the end of the update url and force the antivirus to update from there, luckily this time I got the right patch (D) and everything is fine now.

who said you can't force the update? take that kaspersky!

• Wow
Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Exactly! You did wrong doing that! 🤦‍♂️🙄

Using Index of /ap2/, which is a beta server, is not recommended at all!! Patch E has not been even announced, so I don't understand why You changed to beta server...

There is a "Windows registry hack" explained lots of times here in the forum, to accelerate the getting of a patch, BUT NEVER CHANGE TO THE BETA SERVER...

wdc1

Level 1
Sep 9, 2019
Exactly! You did wrong doing that! 🤦‍♂️🙄

Using Index of /ap2/, which is a beta server, is not recommended at all!! Patch E has not been even announced, so I don't understand why You changed to beta server...

There is a "Windows registry hack" explained lots of times here in the forum, to accelerate the getting of a patch, BUT NEVER CHANGE TO THE BETA SERVER...
I didn't know that url was a beta server.

Reactions: Nevi

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I didn't know that url was a beta server.

For me this trick just work fine:

patch (XXXX) has forced with this hack

1. Disable self-protection
2. Close Kaspersky
3. Run regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.1\environment
4. Edit the key UpdateTarget and set the value to 200
5. Run Kaspersky
6. Re-enable Self-protection
7. Update and restart.

I made some alterations to the hack, copy the original registry value to a txt, do the hack, before restart I just restore the value from origin.

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
I got the d patch with registry change. the question is should we change back to original or not because it seems the 200 value in registry does have a better patch and overall update performance. @harlan4096 you are a super active Kaspersky member not just here but overall in forums and etc... . can you ask a high level person about this registry thing, do you have access? thanks. because I'm deciding to keep this to 200. is there any harm in it?

edit : I searched a lot about this registry thing in your posts and on internet. so sorry if I asked here. couldn't find some info about this and what it does. the fun part is the update server will not change and it is the same as before. but it will get the patch and updates.
edit 2 : I found a post you had about this registry change that you said it was for another person. if its possible for you can you get some more info about it 🙏

edit 3: ok found some info , moderators and some experienced people in Kaspersky forum suggested this to companies and persons who want to get the patches asap. Like for when they have an specific problem that is resolved in a released patch. this method is just different in patch priority download and all other updates are normal. and from what I read about it you can keep it in 200 there is no harm in it. yet I hope harlan find more info from high level people.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.