Please see my post!
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Using a new Window User!
Using a new Profile of my browser!
Using fresh copy of the browser!
Hello,
I have a problem in my PC.
My PC Language is Arabic and English.
As you know after you click in any Tab to write some thing, you will see pulsatory Line as the picture.
20150114150338443.png

The line has a head, in normal PC, this head will directed to left= so you will write Arabic, and when the head directed to right= so you will write English.

My problem the head of the line directed to Right, but when i write it is Arabic!
This is caused many problems to me!
Note: The problem don't found in: Office Word, Notebad, or Internet Explorer.
The problem found in Firefox and other browsers!

Can you help me!
I will send you Any logs you need!

As per TwinHeadedEagle my PC seems clean!

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
There are two things that I can think of.

One - are you using the Arabic version of Firefox and other browsers?

Two - is your system locale in Arabic or English? This can affect language display, etc

Mine is set in Japanese locale so I can play Japanese games (and have the language displayed on my system without breaking it).

screenshot_61.png

If this doesn't help, I unfortunately don't know what else to say. There are other settings in tabs above in the screenshot such as "Keyboards and Languages". Maybe one of those could help to.

Reactions: Kent
Upvote 0

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I believe I found the answer. In Firefox at least. While holding down the Ctrl + Shift key, press X on the keyboard. It should reverse. As for permanent, if you go into "about:config" without quotations (type that in the URL/address bar), ignore the warning, type in the search "bidi" without quotations, you want to change "bidi.direction" to 2 instead of 1. Close and reopen the browser and things are reversed (everything - including the direction of typing). I'm not sure if that is how it's supposed to be or not.

screenshot_64.png

Upvote 0

mansor2016

Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2015
"The While holding down the Ctrl + Shift key, press X on the keyboard" is good solution, but i should use the same in all times i want to type!

Upvote 0

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Maybe this add on can help: Force RTL

It does what Ctrl + Shift and press X does however keeps it working. Let me know how that works out. I'll keep trying to find a solution a little while longer. Seems this issue happens with a lot of Arabic/Hebrew language users.

Upvote 0

mansor2016

Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2015
Yes, after i used Ctrl + Shift and press X and type some thing, it is OK, but after i refresh the page, the problem returns, so i should use Ctrl + Shift and press X again.

Upvote 0

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Did you try the extension/add on that I linked to above? It supposed to force it to say right to left without the need to do it manually via keyboard.

Edit: I'm not sure what that line is.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Have you check the configuration from Keyboard and Language on Control Panel? Probably something mess a little on the tweak.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.