Solved Please need help with Powelik/Adclicker Virus!

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
The FRST is in my C: and when I try to save the fixlist.txt file to C: it says I don't have permission to save in that location and I must contact the Administrator to obtain permission.

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
I have the FRST and fixlist.txt saved on my desktop, but when I run the scan it says the fixlist needs to be in the same location as the tool program. I don't know what to do :)

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
here is a screenshot of what it is telling me when I click Fix

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    643.2 KB · Views: 39

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
Hi there. Sorry, I just woke up. Here's a screen shot of how it looks on my desktop. Maybe I didn't put them on the desktop the right way?

Attachments

• desktop.PNG
    desktop.PNG
    56.7 KB · Views: 41

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
Okay, then what do I need to do then? When I look to see where I have the FRST tool file is located it says in my internet files. How do I put the FRST in my desktop?

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
okay I fixed it. Scanning now :)

Attachments

• Capture123.PNG
    Capture123.PNG
    184 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
It's a lot better :) No more pop ups saying I have AdClicker or Trojan.Powlik. The multiple dllhost.exe* processes are gone also. You are awesome! I'm still getting a little bit of advertisement pop ups.

Last edited:

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
I am using Internet Explorer 11. I use Bing.com for my search engine. The malwarebytes program popped up saying it blocked a malicious website. I downloaded 14 windows updates, and ever since my computer has not been running as great as it was before I downloaded them.

Last edited:

Goodguy18

Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2014
It blocked 2 times, then I just existed out of the MalwareBytes. Before I did the Windows Updates the MalwareBytes did not pop up at all blocking any websites. Then after I downloaded the updates and restarted my computer the Malware Bytes popped up.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please re-run
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the newest Protection Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.