Solved Please need help with Powelik/Adclicker Virus!

The FRST is in my C: and when I try to save the fixlist.txt file to C: it says I don't have permission to save in that location and I must contact the Administrator to obtain permission.
 
I have the FRST and fixlist.txt saved on my desktop, but when I run the scan it says the fixlist needs to be in the same location as the tool program. I don't know what to do :)
 
Hi there. Sorry, I just woke up. Here's a screen shot of how it looks on my desktop. Maybe I didn't put them on the desktop the right way?
 

Attachments

  • desktop.PNG
    desktop.PNG
    56.7 KB · Views: 41
Okay, then what do I need to do then? When I look to see where I have the FRST tool file is located it says in my internet files. How do I put the FRST in my desktop?
 
It's a lot better :) No more pop ups saying I have AdClicker or Trojan.Powlik. The multiple dllhost.exe* processes are gone also. You are awesome! I'm still getting a little bit of advertisement pop ups.
 
Last edited:
I am using Internet Explorer 11. I use Bing.com for my search engine. The malwarebytes program popped up saying it blocked a malicious website. I downloaded 14 windows updates, and ever since my computer has not been running as great as it was before I downloaded them.
 
Last edited:
It blocked 2 times, then I just existed out of the MalwareBytes. Before I did the Windows Updates the MalwareBytes did not pop up at all blocking any websites. Then after I downloaded the updates and restarted my computer the Malware Bytes popped up.
 
Please re-run
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the newest Protection Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top