• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I think you should have specified whether it was the free or premium versions that you have specified in the poll

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
  1. Malwarebytes Antimalware - ..was, & still is, the free 2nd opinion scanner I continue to use for it's effective detection, reputation in past & current development, plus it is the reason why I'd first discovered (by accident) Malware Tips which popped up on a search!:p:D
  2. Hitman Pro - Upon reading about Surfright's flagship scanner, here on MT, I was impressed by everything it found on our old XP, & it continues to reside on all our systems.
  3. Emsisoft Emergency Kit - After (finally) heeding the Great exterminator20's sage advice, I've finally decided to get on board with EEK!:p I am impressed by it's file updates (always kept current) and love that it's portable too!
  4. Zemana Antimalware - Although I've yet to use it,o_O Zemana's highly acclaimed reputation (& the fact I have a key!:rolleyes:) have me excited which makes it feel a lot like Christmas!:):)
  • Additionally, I feel very secure using the service provided by virustotal.com with it's universe of developers' detection methods, it promotes confidence!;)
PS Thanks for all the positive input, my friends. Now, I'm going to take a closer look at Norton's Power Eraser too!

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
UPDATE: Detection and Real-Time Protection to be taken into account (free versions, unless the free version doesn't have Real-Time Protection)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.