Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For PC users, what version of Windows 10 are you running?
  • Windows 10 Home
  • Windows 10 Pro
For those using Windows 10 Home:
  • Would you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?
  • and why?
Unsure of the difference? Read here.

Reactions: nissimezra

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I'm currently running both Home and Pro (divided among multiple pc's)

.....But see no need to upgrade to Pro (unless you're actually going to use those extra features)

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Using education version, built on enterprise. Pro is also Okay but home will never full fill my requirements.

upload_2015-8-5_23-6-21.png

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
if you need remote desktop to connect to you pc, gpedit, then pro
other than that I don't find other needs

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I have licenses for education and multiple editions, just don't have anywhere to use them lol might come in handy in the future;) Running Pro on my 2 pc's atm

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
if you need remote desktop to connect to you pc, gpedit, then pro
other than that I don't find other needs
Windows 10 Home users can use OneDrive with Fetch enabled, and as long as your PC is switched on, you can "fetch" files from your Windows PC from another device. This could be a viable option as opposed to Remote Desktop.

For Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), this would be one of my reasons to upgrade, although @MrXidus pointed out that some settings are restricted to non-consumer editions.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Windows 10 Home users can use OneDrive with Fetch enabled, and as long as your PC is switched on, you can "fetch" files from your Windows PC from another device. This could be a viable option as opposed to Remote Desktop.
yes but that's not remote desktop, remote desktop is needed for working remotely on the computer not just to share files. sharing files is not a problem just type \\computername\c$ > user name > password and you will be able to grab files or even to write and delete files.
gpedit never was a problem you can find almost everything in the registry

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Can Group Policy be installed like it was in Win7 Home?

I'm putting Pro on my and wife's desktops because I already have them and I can't put it on my laptop due to activation issues (discussed in the ISO thread). I wanted Pro on the laptop for BitLocker.

The regular user management console is missing...stuck with the metro modern minimal version.

Pro comes with Hyper-V.

Updated can be delayed in Pro but that's not really much use.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
1) I'm using Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1 Single Language version (OEM).

Well I don't have any plans to upgrade for PRO as its not totally a big deal for defer updates option, since its totally a different implementation unlike from older version of Windows. (option updates)

+ For sure after 10 years, there are many changes that Microsoft will return some features that are a must for users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.