About custom security
Cruel Comodo settings.
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner
KVRT
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox..(permanent private browsing mode) Cloudflare/ 360 Internet Protection / Startpage (Banking, etc)
Edge.. Quad9/ 360 Internet Protection/ AdGuard AdBlocker/ HTTPS Everywhere (General browsing)
Opera.. private browsing/ Private Internet Access extension for browser only (as, and when I feel the need for a VPN )
Secure DNS
Cloudflare, Quad9
Desktop VPN
Private Internet Access
Password manager
LastPass
Maintenance tools
ccleaner
Revo Pro
File and Photo backup
external device + cloud
System recovery
AOMEIBackupper/ Acronis True Image WD Edition
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
HP Pavilion all in one
AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
RAM: 8 GB DDR4 / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD
Notable changes
added AOMEIBackupper/ Acronis True Image WD Edition
removed Q360TS
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
if I'm running WVSX, shouldn't WD also disabled? If so, how?
WiseVector don't register itself in Windows Security as an AV, so the answer is no.
Use this tool to disable WD.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I prefer disabling WD in Group policy to avoid using 3rd party software.
How to disable Windows Defender if you have a Third Party alternative | Dell Hungary
but note that Defender is no longer under "Windows Defender" subfolder

1611151854144.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
It is not impossible.
Then you should tell users of Windows 10 Home, how to tweak group-policy by 3rd-party tools and post a link to easily find such tools

Short posts like your comment above are useless and shows just that you disagree, but more information would be helpful for everyone....

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Then you should tell users of Windows 10 Home, how to tweak group-policy by 3rd-party tools and post a link to easily find such tools

Short posts like your comment above are useless and shows just that you disagree, but more information would be helpful for everyone....
I'm sorry if you find my comment useless but I'm not gonna argue.
If you think enabling group policy in windows 10 Home is impossible then you should go deeper and find out it is false!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I'm sorry if you find my comment useless but I'm not gonna argue.
If you think enabling group policy in windows 10 Home is impossible then you should go deeper and find out it is false!
Please tell everyone how to do enable group-policy on Windows 10 Home?

Personally, I don't care about group-policy, so why I should waste my time and searching for something like that what it's useless to me!

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Please tell everyone how to do enable group-policy on Windows 10 Home?

Personally, I don't care about group-policy, so why I should waste my time and searching for something like that what it's useless to me!
enable windows 10 home group policy - Bing
When I had Windows 10 Home edition I did it because wanted to use SRP, so that's why I know it is not impossible.
But I give you an advice because you already gave me two. Please if you don't know about something don't make a statement!
This topic is going to be offensive, so I'm out.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
enable windows 10 home group policy - Bing
When I had Windows 10 Home edition I did it because wanted to use SRP, so that's why I know it is not impossible.
But I give you an advice because you already gave me two. Please if you don't know about something don't make a statement!
This topic is going to be offensive, so I'm out.
Ohh, thank you very much, everyone can check on Google, Bing, ... why people discussing on forums when we find all Q&A on search engines

The point was that you may like to mention a 3rd-party tool to enable group-policy or just tweaks how to do on Windows 10 Home

@SecureKongo kindly posted a link for such a tool, that was the way I'm asking for ;)

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
added AOMEIBackupper....
Acronis True Image WD Edition.

Great news @porkpiehat ! Glad you are trying both out. Don't hesitate to ask questions my friend - that is why I am here for - and countless others in MT (if I can say so myself)!

A++ on experimenting with some good backup solutions! Your doing yourself a big favor by taking a look at some good backup programs. Looking forward to hear how things are going on the backup front plus potentially see ya' make a swap up in the VPN side too.

Keep me in the loop!

~Brian

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Great news @porkpiehat ! Glad you are trying both out. Don't hesitate to ask questions my friend - that is why I am here for - and countless others in MT (if I can say so myself)!

A++ on experimenting with some good backup solutions! Your doing yourself a big favor by taking a look at some good backup programs. Looking forward to hear how things are going on the backup front plus potentially see ya' make a swap up in the VPN side too.

Keep me in the loop!

~Brian
thanks.... quite impressed with Aomei.... love the Boot option. Acronis appears to be a more of a cloning software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.