Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Only 12 hours:
Képernyőkép 2022-03-09 204701.png
Képernyőkép 2022-03-09 205313.png

Last edited:
G

Guilhermesene

Sometimes I am amazed at Eugene Kaspersky's behavior, you hardly see any manifestation at all of what has been going on for the last few weeks...

In my opinion as much as everything might not be true, I think a statement from him would calm things down at least a little bit and clarify certain things 🙂

I like Kaspersky a lot, but I'm really wondering between Bitdefender or ESET, especially Bitdefender 🅱️

Careful on that forum, you can't say anything.... If you say anything about Russia, Eugene Kaspersky, AV itself... fanatical defenders of the product will get this thread deleted 😶

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Sometimes I am amazed at Eugene Kaspersky's behavior, you hardly see any manifestation at all of what has been going on for the last few weeks...

In my opinion as much as everything might not be true, I think a statement from him would calm things down at least a little bit and clarify certain things 🙂

I like Kaspersky a lot, but I'm really wondering between Bitdefender or ESET, especially Bitdefender 🅱️

Careful on that forum, you can't say anything.... If you say anything about Russia, Eugene Kaspersky, AV itself... fanatical defenders of the product will get this thread deleted 😶
Problem you have is no matter what statement he put out there, there'd be backlash, comments etc. It's a lose/lose situation!

Let's see what happens with this whole source code issue

G

Guilhermesene

I understand your argument, but I think differently.

You control what you say, not what others think, so what people may think or not, doesn't matter anymore... after all with all this "neutrality" he is already losing... the doubt and the fear also generate losses 🙂 .

I'm not here to criticize him because I like Kaspersky a lot, but it's just my personal opinion.

I only wish that in the end everything goes well after all is a great product.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Thanks for the article.Straight and correct. I still have confidence.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
I think it's good news,
If someone does find a Kaspersky vulnerability,
this undoubtedly gives Kaspersky a chance to fix these problems.

When the world looks at Kaspersky with a magnifying glass,
the more perfect and safe the product can be, because it has been cracked and inspected by countless people,
withstands tests.

Last edited:

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I think it's good news,
If someone does find a Kaspersky vulnerability,
this undoubtedly gives Kaspersky a chance to fix these problems.

When the world looks at Kaspersky with a magnifying glass,
the more perfect and safe the product can be, because it has been cracked and inspected by countless people,
withstands tests.
Right? Open source is always good lol

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
who cares if the source code is leaked or not? the very fact it's been questionable for years should be worrying enough.
when foreign government agencies banned it, that should speak volumes.

the Russian government controls many aspects of Russian media and business, supporting and buying any Russian products is only paying taxes to their government, and those taxes are used to buy bullets/weapons which kill and mame innocent people, if you support that by continuing to use Russian products, good for you.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
the Russian government controls many aspects of Russian media and business, supporting and buying any Russian products is only paying taxes to their government, and those taxes are used to buy bullets/weapons which kill and mame innocent people, if you support that by continuing to use Russian products, good for you.

Seriously? 🙄 This argument can be applied to some others countries that come now to my mind, where human rights are also being violated on a daily basis (or just did the same Putin is doing now), and I do not see (or remember) anyone calling for a boycott, we are simply very hypocritical. Ah wait! of course, we can't call to boycott ourselves!

Update: and don't misunderstand me! I support Ukraine people who are dying there because of that foolish Russian president, but I think there are different/better ways to support Ukraine than boycott Russian innocent people.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.