Post your Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net results

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Just for amusement from a couple of weeks ago at the local coffee shop. Gott'a love BD VPN Upload speeds? o_Oo_O

caribou s2.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I with @MuzzMelbourne on this, it's sad in comparison to literally everyone else but I really don't have any issues with the actual performance on my computer, it's snappy, no buffering and its free 😁

View attachment 277860
Free? Nice! At my router I get 550 dn / 22 up but free it ain't. I'm not sure of exact cost as it is bundled with some cable tv. Maybe I can find a statement... $99.99 just for internet. Ouch, but overall the service is pretty reliable, rarely offline, quickly fixed when it does break. Where / how do you get internet for free?

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Free? Nice! At my router I get 550 dn / 22 up but free it ain't. I'm not sure of exact cost as it is bundled with some cable tv. Maybe I can find a statement... $99.99 just for internet. Ouch, but overall the service is pretty reliable, rarely offline, quickly fixed when it does break. Where / how do you get internet for free?
My 100 meg internet is actually $60 a month but when I signed up for it they gave me a 50% discount for 2 years, that brought it down to $30 a month and then the politicians gave anyone outside of a metro area a $30 credit/bribe per month hence, I pay $0. I'm not big on conspiracy theories but sometimes it does leave one scratching one's head.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
My 100 meg internet is actually $60 a month but when I signed up for it they gave me a 50% discount for 2 years, that brought it down to $30 a month and then the politicians gave anyone outside of a metro area a $30 credit/bribe per month hence, I pay $0. I'm not big on conspiracy theories but sometimes it does leave one scratching one's head.
Did not know about that "$30 credit/bribe per month" ... looks like you have to apply... I bet they ask questions... violate privacy... :unsure: & if you prevaricate, go to jail... :oops:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I laugh out of amazement...that is incredible :) :) The upload speeds are incredible as well, and a 2ms Ping? :) :) It makes me want to cry compared to my speeds, so I'll just laugh.

I have a dedicated optical fiber with a consistently high download speed :) The technology used in France is called FTTH (Fiber to the Home). Other providers also offer it, but often experience drops in quality and speed during the evenings. My provider is the only one maintaining this speed all the time :) In terms of price, I pay €50/month, but I have a promotion at €35/month for 1 year. I also have 5G with them, where I often get speeds between 700 and 1 Gbps. My provider is Orange France.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Since I don't have infrastructure, my speed is like this, I was using 10gbit in my shop.
My speed is 50MB, and is fiber optic, was to be at the speed of 300/500 MB at least, I have called my ISP they told me that does not reach this speed. As mine is a 50MB plan and is old it ends up being more expensive than if you paid 300 MB per month, it's bone, and you have no alternative here, in my region, or you accept this speed or is without internet signal.😞

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Nevi and Marko, I am so jealous of both your connection speeds. :D
I've got FTTH internet since 2011.; my neighborhood was one of the first ones to get the FTTH internet in the country. Also had huge discount on the internet back then as I was among the first clients to be connected to the new network. Originally I had 10/4 speed, but after some time they upgraded my connection to maximum their HW supports (100/100) at no cost.

Then A1 bought them and quality of the service drastically decreased, prices skyrocketed. As original ISP raised the speed to 100/100 for everyone, A1 soon started crippling and slowing down the speeds "as they don't have those speeds in their offer". All technicians were fired and replaced with A1 was which caused chaos; many people was without service for weeks. In the end they sent chocolates and apology letter to their customers (I didn't get one, maybe postman ate it, I don't know).

Highly recommended read: Kako nas operateri tretiraju kao mlade majmune [1. dio] (use Google Translate)

I really miss Amis Telekom, almost got tear in my eye. 😥

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
When I signed up for my internet through Spectrum they offered that one, too (your link). I didn't check into it, maybe I should have.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.