Post your Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net results

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Nevi and Marko, I am so jealous of both your connection speeds. :D
Yes, really good speed from both, if you notice Nevi connection Ping was 12 milliseconds while Marko is 4ms, that means that their DNS are also very good that they are using, and will translate the addresses much faster. In other words, the requests that your computers, notebooks and cell phones make when accessing websites will be answered more quickly. ;)

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Seriously thinking about switching the ISP. Current one keeps raising prices. Paying 31,50€ for this, it used to be 29€. Competitor offers the same service for 25,90€.

View attachment 277877
In my country we have to pay at least 55 € for Fiber 1000 / 500
35 € for 150 / 50
45 € for 500 / 500
Past week they started digging in streets in my town for Fiber (FTTH) still along way before thats finished.
Now i have 100 / 30 VDSL
As soon they finished with Rolling out fiber in my town i will switch to fiber (Within 6 months ??)

Numeriku

Level 2
Verified
Mar 13, 2022
1692182244157.png

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Yes, really good speed from both, if you notice Nevi connection Ping was 12 milliseconds while Marko is 4ms, that means that their DNS are also very good that they are using, and will translate the addresses much faster. In other words, the requests that your computers, notebooks and cell phones make when accessing websites will be answered more quickly. ;)
My ping is actually 1-2 ms, 3-4 ms is when I'm measuring on Wi-Fi. I'd measure via cable, but I still use 9 year old laptop (planning to buy new one by the end of the year) which has FE ethernet card, so speed would be limited to 100/100. I measured this on Poco X5 Pro connected to TP-Link Archer AX20. I'm using my own router because Huawei A1 gave me is Wi-Fi 5, and pretty much locked completely.

Regarding DNS, I use Cloudflare, also 1 ms because their servers are based in Zagreb as well. A1 DNS fails sometimes, but I don't want them to log my queries too. 😉

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I also recommend you to check out my Speedtest :p
I could even get much more, but not with my current ISP (one offers 8Gbps).
I think 1 Gb/s is really enough for everyone these days. I think I'll stick with that speed for a long time. But Telemach does offer 2/2 Gb/s package for 42,90€. Way too much I'm willing to pay.

I'd probably stay on 100/100 if A1 didn't force me to transfer to their infrastructure instead of Amis one. They didn't want to update their infrastructure because Amis used better, more expensive AON type (all other ISPs use (G)PON type).

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I think 1 Gb/s is really enough for everyone these days. I think I'll stick with that speed for a long time. But Telemach does offer 2/2 Gb/s package for 42,90€. Way too much I'm willing to pay.

I'd probably stay on 100/100 if A1 didn't force me to transfer to their infrastructure instead of Amis one. They didn't want to update their infrastructure because Amis used better, more expensive AON type (all other ISPs use (G)PON type).

I'm also on GPON :) The operator offering 8Gbps is using 10G-EPON which can go up to 10Gbps but stays at 700Mbps for upload... In France, operators are starting to test XGS-PON, which will provide symmetrical speeds, but it's currently only available in Paris.

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I'm also on GPON :) The operator offering 8Gbps is using 10G-EPON which can go up to 10Gbps but stays at 700Mbps for upload... In France, operators are starting to test XGS-PON, which will provide symmetrical speeds, but it's currently only available in Paris.
Yeah, Telemach first adopted 10G-EPON here and advertises it everywhere. A1 also started upgrading their infrastructure from what I heard.
So that's why when you measure via Wi-Fi the speed drops a little and the ping increases. If I measure via cable, mine is also within this range of 2-4 ms. I only use cable when I'm on my desktop PC and on my latptop I only use Wi-Fi. (y)
That and also number of connected devices to the network.

At the time of measurement, following devices were connected;
– 1x desktop PC
– 1x laptop
– 4x phones
– 2x LG Smart TVs
– 1x HP printer

So this also had impact on the speed. I usually get about 50 Mb/s more in download.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.