Post your Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net results

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Here are some numbers for Bitdefender, F-Secure, and Mullvad from my end.

Baseline reference.
baseline.jpg

Bitdefender VPN.
Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

F-Secure (from the Total module)
2023-12-04_8-46-48.jpg 2023-12-04_8-48-26.jpg

Mullvad.
2023-12-04_8-43-38.jpg mullvad leak test.jpg

I do have a Nord subscription, and while I was using it, had excellent speeds rivaling the baseline speeds. I just didn't like all of the add-ons that were implemented, and was a little glitchy. At times it wouldn't totally shut down and would pop back up, even though I had disabled to keep it running in the background and to close out of it. It also would at times show the little "connected banner" above the system tray and the only way to get rid of it was to open the app from the system tray and click out of the app window. It was also slow in loading when you first opened it up. Maybe things have changed over the last 3 months?

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
relevant perhaps but somewhat off-topic, was running checkpoint harmony the other day and it blocked api. for for both proton vpn and ivpn. unclear why. did not dig into it. I side-stepped.

Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@Jonny Quest How about European servers? I mean, do you experience any speed issues? I get the worst results from London and Frankfurt servers.
Good point, as I'm always using US servers, so I will check on how much of a ping and speed difference in connecting to those servers.
So, here are my results :)

Reference

2023-12-04_15-36-09.jpg

2023-12-04_15-38-56.jpg

2023-12-04_15-42-33.jpg

And just out of curiosity, I thought I'd check Mullvad.
2023-12-04_15-44-56.jpg

2023-12-04_15-46-24.jpg

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
View attachment 279316

40/month, cheaper than my old ISP.
I have an 8Gb down, 700Mb upload subscription but I only have a 2.5Gb network card on my motherboard.

I need to buy a 10Gb network card + a DAC cable with SFP to get 10Gb.
Those speeds are so good that you might want to deliberately slow backups and large cloud syncs. That speed will peg older PC motherboards with discrete north and southbridge setup. Half-decent SSDs can cope with sustained use at those speeds but the old PCIe controllers might not.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Those speeds are so good that you might want to deliberately slow backups and large cloud syncs. That speed will peg older PC motherboards with discrete north and southbridge setup. Half-decent SSDs can cope with sustained use at those speeds but the old PCIe controllers might not.

Hello Cleo :)

For the 2Gb, my motherboard automatically supports it, I didn't add a network card or anything else :)
If I want to go to 8Gb, I'll have to add a card, but for the moment I don't think I'll do it because I have no use for it at the moment ;)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I have just changed my ISP from YouSee to Telenor. YouSee was to expensive. But a coincidence happened, and a tele salesman and I started to talk. Usually I just say NO, but I had been thinking about change some time, so we started to talk. I found out, that Telenor can give me a 1000/1000 fiber, and even cheaper than I have now with YOUSee, so I started to have pointy ears. Also my mobil was cheaper, so we started to deal. I will ca pay half of what I did before, for a fiber connection, and already now I'm very satisfied with my new mobile connection. So I found out it was good that I started to talk with that guy. I get a lot of rabat the first 6 months. Thank you. Always good.
This is my old wi-fi but still it's a 1000 down connection. Not good.
Edit. I forgot. My new router is with wi-fi 6, and all the bells and whistles. Much better protection against bad guys. So I'm really happy I get that one. I don't remember the name but one of the newest. I first get it in about 14 days.

Attachments

• Nevi screen grab.png
    Nevi screen grab.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
With VPN and desktop Adguard turned off and a 1Gbps line

My best laptop LAN tested result

P-20240115-090213.jpg

So far the best tested result using TP-LINK AV2000 (2000Mbps) powerline adapters

P-20240112-182720.jpg

Preparing to test with MoCA 2.5 (2500Mbps) soon.

Likely to upgrade to 2.5Gbps line and, ultimately, 10Gbps line much later

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.