Aug 22, 2013
Screenshot_2024-01-16-20-11-19-203_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest-edit.jpg

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I just switched to 10Gbps symmetrical fiber :)
I don't have a 10Gbps card, I have 2.5Gbps...

Happy with the result :D

View attachment 281440
Happy with the result...LOL, I should say so :) It made me laugh at seeing these incredible numbers :) Can you share some of those speeds with us like Folding@Home? :)

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I didn't understand your request :/
Back in the day, wasn't Folding@Home where we could volunteer some of our PC processors or RAM to that site, where they would try to use that power to make a "supercomputer" for helping with calculations... something like that if I'm remembering right? So I thought it could be the same thing with you, where we could hook up our PCs with your PC to gain more internet speed 😅😅

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Paying for 200Mbbs down and 30 Mbps up (basic Ziggo). My ISP says that you have to measure WIFI speeds maximum one meter away from the router with direct line of sight.
Measured through WIFI on my patato Linux desktop on my study room in the attic, about 8 meters straight from router, but signal has to go through two (isolated) floors and one wall (but are two joining walls so signal crosses in an angle of 45 degrees which make it one thick wall), with lots of competing and clashing WIFi networks in the area (typical Dutch terraced houses in a row), so I am a happy camper.

1707496551345.png

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Some of you have uploads that match your downloads, while some of us, me & LennyFox eg, have uploads capped around 25 - 30? I assume there's some advantage to ISP to have upload capped lower speed. If so, why not more universal. No real alternative ISP here. And actually my speeds are ok for me, ie, 450 - 550 down & 25 up.

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Some of you have uploads that match your downloads, while some of us, me & LennyFox eg, have uploads capped around 25 - 30? I assume there's some advantage to ISP to have upload capped lower speed. If so, why not more universal. No real alternative ISP here. And actually my speeds are ok for me, ie, 450 - 550 down & 25 up.
When you are on cable or copper uploads speeds are usually lower than download speeds. When you ar on glass fiber upload speed is usually as fast as download speed.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

It all depends on the fiber technology used.
with FTTH (fiber-to-the-home), you can use symmetrical fiber (which is what I have)
with FTTLA/FTTB (fiber to the building and then coaxial cable), uploads are much lower, given the DOCSIS system used.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.