New Update PrivaZer Discussion Thread

Kamer

Level 1
Nov 6, 2019
Hello @Kamer,
As a first explanation, I would say that I'm not sure that we share the same goal.
Our first goal is cleaning+privacy protection.
Not surprising then, that we have more cleaning options in PrivaZer.
Thanks for the reply! I noticed Firefox has about the same amount of builtin cleaning options. Are they no better? I've read other posts
in this forum that many people simply use the built in tools, because that's all that's needed. I used winapp2.ini with Bleachbit before, and it broke
some extensions.

The_PrivaZer_Team

From PrivaZer
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jan 19, 2020
When cleaning your internet history, files needing to be deleted, will be securely deleted by PrivaZer, making no recovery possible.

Here is our options in PrivaZer for Firefox + Firefox-like browsers :
1590310984686.png

I performed a quick test :
1. I installed Chrome
2. I visited only one website : privazer.com
3. I used the builtin cleaning options of Chrome.
4. I run a scan with PrivaZer and here is what I recovered :

1590311418705.png

1590311503025.png

Hope it helps,

Fladen

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello: two questions:

1. PrivaZer does not seem to recognize the Windows10Upgrade folder located in C:\. It is 3 + GB. It doesn't delete it.

2. Even though "For recycle bin" is checked/enabled for the context menu in Advanced Settings, PrivaZer does not appear in the context menu when using StartisBack+ software as the Start Menu interface.

Just updated via Microsoft Update Assistant to release version Windows 10 2004 ( build 19041.264) w/ PrivaZer donor's version v. 4.02. Using StartisBack is probably a very small and limited use scenario. But I thought I would mention it. :)

I made this video "unlisted" and it's saying to go to the YouTube site. So, sorry about that, don't know why.

The_PrivaZer_Team

From PrivaZer
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jan 19, 2020
Hello @plat1098,

1. first of all, it is not recommended to manually delete the upgrade folder as you could loose some items in your start menu for instance.
That's why, it is preferable to use PrivaZer which will take care of launching Disk cleanup to remove previous versions of Windows on your drive if needed.

The options is here when clicking on "Options" in PrivaZer :
1590730874248.png

or for advanced users here :

1590730926544.png

Can you right-click on your Windows10Upgrade folder, select "properties" and post a screenshot of it.
I'd like to see the size of it.

2. Right-click on the recycle bin icon located on your desktop (not in the start menu).
The PrivaZer options "Secure deletion with PrivaZer" should appear.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hello, The_PrivaZer_Team. The folders I'm talking about are un-needed, they're blobs of goo on my little hard drive. :) The "Clean Windows Update" option was already checked, it had deleted the Windows.old folder previously via Disk Cleanup, without issues. This was a completely different folder, generated by using the Update Assistant. Also, a seeming duplicate, $Get Current, also in C\, contained the same amount of stuff and was not detected by PrivaZer. I also deleted this folder and regained 7 GB total.

I tried to access what you had in your screenshot for Advanced Users and could not check Windows Updates there, it was greyed out and could not be enabled. Mind you, I don't have the subscription, just the donor version. And, it was already working as intended running under Basic User parameters.

privoptions.PNG

I deleted this folder myself after I posted here. Its size was briefly shown @ :21 in the clip I made and posted above: 3,424,814 KB or almost 3/12 GB. Unfortunately, I whacked the Recycle Bin on the desktop in order to preserve a clean desktop appearance. Which led me to ask whether PrivaZer is compatible with StartisBack or not. Because that's where my Recycle Bin now resides. Just to re-emphasize: the "For recycle bin" option was already checked off. Oh well. 😟

Far as I'm concerned, everything's OK. Was wondering, though, if my observations had any merit. Thanks for looking into it. 🙂

Edit: If Disk Cleanup doesn't recognize these folders (which I don't think it does), then I should not expect PrivaZer to. OK, so that partially resolves my question.

Last edited:

The_PrivaZer_Team

From PrivaZer
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jan 19, 2020
Hello @Vitali Ortzi,
you have a file called "PrivaZer.ini" located in %localappdata%\PrivaZer
When you use the portable version of PrivaZer, you can import or create new PrivaZer.ini files

@plat1098,
normally, C:\Windows10Upgrade and C:\$GetCurrent have only a few MB in it.
It is always risky to delete them manually as M$ can make changes to its update process and may need those directories in a next update.
I prefer to rely on Disk cleanup and to launch it through PrivaZer when needed.
But I understand that it sounds very attractive to get 7 GB back.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
PrivaZer version 4.0.3 released:
v4.0.3 (31 May 2020)
+ Improved cleanup : previous version of Windows
+ Improved option : to configure the cleanup in 1 click
+ New cleanup : Diagnostics Logs
+ Improved support : scheduled cleanups
Homepage: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool
Download free version: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download
Download donors version: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download
Difference between versions: Differences between PrivaZer Versions
Release notes: Release notes - PrivaZer

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
PrivaZer 4.0.4 is here. For Donor's version, you should get a prompt to download/install once opened.

privchangelog.PNG

Full changelog
Home

The_Privazer_Team: neither link for "Changelog" works for me from this window, there is just an hourglass:

privchwin.PNG

Vivaldi 3.1.1929.45 in Sandboxie Windows 2004

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
PrivaZer 4.0.4 is here. For Donor's version, you should get a prompt to download/install once opened.

View attachment 243459

Full changelog
Home

The_Privazer_Team: neither link for "Changelog" works for me from this window, there is just an hourglass:

Vivaldi 3.1.1929.45 in Sandboxie Windows 2004
No problem here with that link with Edge on windows 2004, but I'm not using Sandboxie.
Have you tried with another browser in Sandboxie and with Vivaldi without Sandboxie?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks, Gandalf_The_Grey. If it works fine for you then it must the fault of my machine. Since I already updated PrivaZer some time ago, I would not know how to call up that window to try those links again without a lot of bother--most likely it's that Vivaldi's in Sandboxie and is the default browser on here.

As long as the changelog links work and you checked, that's the main thing.

Edit: Update: It was Sandboxie, most likely. I clicked on some other seemingly dead links in child windows and once Sandboxie was disabled, Vivaldi obediently and quickly opened the links.

My complete apologies, I usually check these things before posting. Must be the high temps lately. 🥵

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hi, The_PrivaZer_Team. I hope you are well.

I was reading on your website and under the Company tab, there is written: "More products on our website very soon!"

Could you give a sneak preview of these products? :giggle:

privmore.PNG

Edited out some silly stuff. Thanks.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
PrivaZer v4.0.7 released:
v4.0.7 (30 July 2020)
+ Improved command lines : secure deletion
. Example 1 : PrivaZer.exe DELETE "C:\dir\file1.txt"
. Example 2 : PrivaZer.exe DELETE "C:\dir\file1.txt" "C:\dir\dir1"
. Example 3 : Sandboxie / secure deletion :
"C:\Program Files (x86)\PrivaZer.exe" DELETE "%SANDBOX%"
More info : PrivaZer Discussion Thread

+ Improved support : Unicode
+ Minor bug fixes
Homepage: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool
Download free version: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download
Download donors version: Free PC cleaner & Privacy tool - Download
Difference between versions: Differences between PrivaZer Versions
Release notes: Release notes - PrivaZer

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
PrivaZer does a TRIM now? This seems enabled by default. In order to disable it, I go to Advanced Options, then the Cleaning tab. It's in the menu by Flash Memory SSD NAND for me. Does this use the Windows Disk Defrag utility? I've been running this manually so this is unnecessary.

The test related to the TRIM is very light, you can easily miss it. Just an FYI.

privazer trim.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.