Advice Request Problem with Bitdefender

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Hello Guys
The wallpaper for my device has been changed to this
look Even though I use Bitdefender Total Security 25
Untitled.png

Is this a virus that what?
Is my laptop hacked ?
what happen?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Scan with Norton Power Eraser along with HitMan. But don't delete everything Power Eraser detects. It's based on reputation so you'll be able to see if you see something that's suspicious or not known to you. Share a screenshot if you can of the scan result.

Thiagoo

Level 3
May 10, 2021
yes i will install mcafee and hitman pro and wait the results
Don't get McAfee, you already have BitDefender and get something like KVRT for a second opinion scanner

You can download KVRT (Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) here, then follow these steps:

1- Download and run the executable (if the malware blocks it, try running it on safe mode)
2- Confirm the license and click on Accept
3- It will load the modules, just wait
4- When it loads, click on Change parameters and then click on the System drive checkbox, and then click on Ok, then click on Start Scan and wait for it to finish.
5- If it finds anything, make sure Delete is selected on every file that KVRT detected:
delete.png

6- Click on Neutralize All and then click on Continue and restart your PC.

EDIT: Looks like OP already scanned it with KTS while i was writing this, but OP should not install another antivirus software to scan his PC, just get HitmanPro and a online scanner (two portable software which won't cause conflicts)

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Hello Guys
The wallpaper for my device has been changed to this
look Even though I use Bitdefender Total Security 25
View attachment 258268
Is this a virus that what?
Is my laptop hacked ?
what happen?

Can you change the wallpaper?

1621543767194.png

Some applications have options to make some figure your wallpaper, and they are not malicious, maybe you chose that option for mistake.

Like this (definir como fundo = set has wallpaper)

1621543893885.png

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.