Problem with one popup in particular

B

bizzarobrian

Thread author
You are correct ,they were shortcuts.Went back into documents & they are beside each other.Opened the Frst tool tried again with the same result.It reads> No fixlist.txt found.The fixlist.txt should be in the same folder/directory the tool is located.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You're doing something wrong. I told you what to do. Delete all FRST icons and download fresh one. Move it to the Desktop and then put Fixlist.txt on Desktop too. Instructions are very clear.

B

bizzarobrian

Thread author
I think the problem is that I don`t know how to move it to my desktop without creating a shortcut.

B

bizzarobrian

Thread author
Did both to both.Both side by side & still getting the same response. Grr

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Then there exist two possibilities:

1. One of them or both are shortcut, not the original file
2. Fixlist.txt isn't named exactly Fixlist

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.