Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
sometime ago , i bought SyncBackPro v6
seeing they give a portable version too, i used it too
now i wanted to upgrade to version v7
the problem , the v6 uninstaller doesn't clean everything , well if i have to say the true it did a mess up

now i have v7 ,and it gives me lots of issues/conflicts with v6 ,because i have uninstalled but there are so many regitry keys left by the v6 uninstaller

the support team really sucks ,instead the program it's great but lacks of support

can you please help me to uninstall it ?
i have used revo pro and free without luck , revo pro in tracking mode,but revo pro in tracking could be dangerous , revo free doesn't do the job

just used regscanner nirsoft searching for SyncBackPro i found a lots of wrong key

i wanted to upload here the reg scannerd in reg format but i can't

thanks

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
If you used the default installation procedure you may uninstall the program by going to Windows Start > All Programs > 2BrightSparks > SyncBackFree/SE/Pro > Uninstall SyncBackFree/SE/Pro.

The exception to this is if you installed the program in a custom location, in which case you will have to find out where SyncBack is located. You can easily find this using the Windows search facility.

If you downloaded the no-install version, you need to find the folder you originally chose to locate the program, and delete all the files.

Please be aware that uninstalling will delete your profiles. Export your profiles before uninstalling if you wish to keep them. All versions of SyncBack can safely be installed over an existing installation. By doing this, you will ensure any profiles you have created continue to be active.

Lastly, make sure that SyncBack is not running while you attempt to uninstall. Remember that SyncBack can be seen in the task bar on the lower right when active (you may need to click the little left pointing arrow to see the SyncBack icon). You may have also created a scheduled task which you will need to disable if uninstalling. Using the Task Manager you can also check to see if the process SyncBackPro.exe, SyncBackSE.exe, or SyncBackFree.exe is currently running.

Upvote 0

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Have you tried to reinstall it and uninstall again?
Alternatively, you can use another unistaller like Iobit or GeekUnistaller.
hi
i will try it
but i hate such software!
like many antivirus , try it out? it's always a problem if they don't have a clean tool ,to make a clean installation
for example , many times my operation system become in the past instable because i was used to test several antivirus ,not more then 2 on the same moment
the uninstaller left drivers, registry keys

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.