Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
My last post had typos and bad-auto-corrects, so replacing it here.

The ONLY place to get the latest version of this technology (e.g. not one 2 or more years old), is at Bitsum. Also, you are buying from the guy who conceived and innovated the product, including the ProBalance Algorithm - and Bitsum has been around for 20 years now, so we're here to stay!

Thank you all for your support! I work much harder for much less than I would at a cushy corporate job, and I do it half for you. Yea, half for me, as I like my freedom ;).

Process Lasso's ProBalance is amazing because it REALLY WORKS and that is something I can PROVE.

Similarly our other algorithms and technologies actually WORK or have real UTILITY.

Compare and contrast this to the snake-oil this industry is full of :eek:.

Note that Bitsum, again not being at the mercy of accountants, NEVER uses installer bundles, so you can rest-easy downloading from bitsum.com (can not speak for external download sites that host our software).
Thank you very much @bitsum it is much appreciated here for one, great software. ;)

bitsum

From Bitsum
Verified
Developer
Sep 1, 2016
(As I slowly drink my coffee.. geez, NEVER should I write before coffee).

Also note that I am developing a stand-alone version of ProBalance, for those who only want that feature. Vaporware? Umm, no, it's in alpha prototype and you could use and install it now if you wanted ;). I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to find, as I don't want a bunch of people using an early alpha yet.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

Also note that I am developing a stand-alone version of ProBalance, for those who only want that feature. Vaporware? Umm, no, it's in alpha prototype and you could use and install it now if you wanted ;). I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to find, as I don't want a bunch of people using an early alpha yet.
Now this sounds like a good idea to me, i hope you enjoyed your coffee earlier. A pure ProBalance program might be easier for a normal user to manage. :)

bitsum

From Bitsum
Verified
Developer
Sep 1, 2016
Exactly. It has turned out pretty well, I mean works great right now. Simpler for more people. OH, OR, for the minority, it can run along-side Process Lasso .. because it has a couple extra things.

Process Lasso, meanwhile, will continue to be the 'big boy', offering all kinds of algorithms and automation. That's the plan, anyway.

There are also 2 other independent projects being developed, and ParkControl sure had a big month, and is about to get one more update to further improve Skylake generation processor support.

And, thank you, coffee is great. Life can sometimes be stressful for an independent developer, trying to please everyone, because I really want to, but realizing I can't. I wear so many hats (though have 3 official contractors who help with support and QA now). So, I try, and hope I've done well enough by my users. Certainly we have upped our game this last year at Bitsum, big time. I mean, I have always been serious, maybe the most serious person some people ever meet, but now we are super-serious about expanding the company to a more comfortable size... and doing it w/o being sleazy! ;)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

Nice! We will wait patiently on the stand alone Pro Balance.

As of now, I Installed Process Lasso last night, very happy with the functions. It does even out CPU threads in a very effective way... I put it to the test, and also ran the CPU eater How ProBalance Process Priority Optimization Works it works great, I had CPU at 100% and was still able to navigate folders and desktop and didn't notice any lags. I will use it on my machines desktop and laptop. :)

Its also great to see it works for high or low end PC's, its a program where having it running-realtime takes away lags, not add any.

It installs quckly,... I like all the settings and the fact it has a reset option for ProBalance function and for ALL changes made can be reversed, the manual is helpful to read over, and Process Lasso is much easier to understand then I expected.

Anyone who hasn't tried, I strongly advice to try it.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Also used Process Lasso is an excellent program and the addition to the system.
This is a program that adjusts the priority of running processes in our system for the system to respond during heavy loads.
especially Pro Balance intelligently reduces priority in the background when they interfere with the system.
It is a program worthy of our attention, and I would recommend it to anyone.:)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am having grief with "Configure Disallowed Processes".
It forgets my list.
So I made a different list.
Then it forgot my second list, too, but went back to my first list.
why doesn't Process Lasso like me?

bitsum

From Bitsum
Verified
Developer
Sep 1, 2016
@jerzy601 - thanks man!

I am having grief with "Configure Disallowed Processes".
It forgets my list.
So I made a different list.
Then it forgot my second list, too, but went back to my first list.
why doesn't Process Lasso like me?

Wow! That is quite odd, and a new one. These are stored in an INI configuration file - though it is accessed using efficient proprietary code, not the lame old Windows API, FWIW.

If you have any kind of 'disk clenaup' type software running, that may be DELETING the INI file (stored in %programdata%\ProcessLasso by default.

Otherwise, we get into more complex scenarios. Let me know if the above applies or not.

I would *strongly* recommend emailing support@bitsum.com with any support related issues, as the chances I happen to see this post are low compared to our proper support channels - not to mention it is best to leave me doing what I do, code ;p.

Thanks to all who use Process Lasso! This is an exciting time, you will see soon-ish ;).

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I figured out how to use my Lasso... :D

Enjoy using the program.
However, I disable the core, when I install a new program into my PC. Can Process Lasso interfere with installing a program or windows "update" functions?
What do you mean by "core"? Process Lasso's core engine or a CPU core?

So far, I see no problems with Windows updates when PL is running.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Lassos main core engine I mean. My Windows update, I think one was in PL's most wanted list (of high CPU use)
Ah, so ProBalance acts on a WU process. I always presume that it's supposed to act on those kinds of processes because they may have detrimental effects on the system's responsiveness.

I would leave it be. But you may ask PL's dev, @bitsum, for clarification. :)

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Awesome Tutorial!!! Had this program installed for 2 days and loving it.

Few questions if you can assist me with please:

Why did you put wscript.exe on disallow list, isn't it required by windows?

What is CPU core parking and should I download it? I read the FAQ but I don't understand it, can you dumb it down for me please :)

How does Gamer Mode work? I set the game processes (exe) in the mode, but unable to get it to active when i start my game, Am I suppose to manually select Game Mode Enable when I game or does it do it automatically since I already designated the game exe?

Whats your suggestion on SmartTrim? on or off, I have it on and it did help out with 1 specific game that has bad memory leak. On Vm, it slows my emulation for some reason with it on. Turn it off and VMware is back to normal speed.

Thanks in Advance and I am loving this gem of a program, Really helps out during VM and gaming. Don't notice a difference yet with everyday apps like word, powerpoint, and excel. But gaming with and without is a big difference now.

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Awesome Tutorial!!! Had this program installed for 2 days and loving it.

Few questions if you can assist me with please:

Why did you put wscript.exe on disallow list, isn't it required by windows?

What is CPU core parking and should I download it? I read the FAQ but I don't understand it, can you dumb it down for me please :)

How does Gamer Mode work? I set the game processes (exe) in the mode, but unable to get it to active when i start my game, Am I suppose to manually select Game Mode Enable when I game or does it do it automatically since I already designated the game exe?

Whats your suggestion on SmartTrim? on or off, I have it on and it did help out with 1 specific game that has bad memory leak. On Vm, it slows my emulation for some reason with it on. Turn it off and VMware is back to normal speed.

Thanks in Advance and I am loving this gem of a program, Really helps out during VM and gaming. Don't notice a difference yet with everyday apps like word, powerpoint, and excel. But gaming with and without is a big difference now.

Wscript.exe can be used by malware to do its nasty actions. So, putting it into blacklist can be beneficial. It isn't required in order for Windows to work properly, but it is required by some users.

CPU core parking of Bitsum just lets you control whether you want your CPU cores to be able to "park" or not. CPU parking means turning off a portion of CPU cores when the system is idle or has very low load, so that they won't run, and therefore saves energy or battery. By default in Windows, CPU parking is enabled in multi-core processors, but it becomes a problem to gamers or other users because of performance degradation it causes. Because instead of the cores being ready to ramp up, the cores will turn on first, then ramp up, thus causing CPU bottlenecks, resulting to lags in games and other software. So, Bitsum developed a software to control CPU parking (i.e. enable it or disable it).

Gaming Mode should act as soon as a "game process" is launched. I'm not sure why it doesn't start with you.

SmartTrim should be Off. Unless you have very low RAM, turning it On will mean performance loss.

And yes, Process Lasso rocks!

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Thank you so much!!! it explains the lagginess with VM then since I have Trim On.

I will download Cpu parking via the app, set trim to off, put Wscript on my disallow list and retry the gaming mode since its not automatically turning on for me.

Do I need to enable or disable CPU Parking or its all automated?

Thank you once again!!

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thank you so much!!! it explains the lagginess with VM then since I have Trim On.

I will download Cpu parking via the app, set trim to off, put Wscript on my disallow list and retry the gaming mode since its not automatically turning on for me.

Do I need to enable or disable CPU Parking or its all automated?

Thank you once again!!
You're welcome!
You have to disable parking (if you want to). It's not automated when first installed. I think Windows' default is the default setting.

Mine, I set the default (Windows default). Parking is off in power profiles Balanced and Highest performance. It is on in Power Saver profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.