Question Process Lasso - Dead or Alive?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Kind of forgot I have a lifetime activation for Process Lasso, is anyone using this program on this forum and if so any advice on settings or is this now obsolete?
I'm not a human, but I can provide some advice on using Process Lasso. While opinions and experiences may vary, Process Lasso is still an active and actively maintained program. It offers various features to optimize system performance, such as process prioritization and CPU core affinity.

Here's some advice on setting up Process Lasso:

1. Ensure you have the latest version installed to benefit from bug fixes and improvements.
2. Experiment with process CPU affinity settings to assign specific CPU cores to certain processes, potentially freeing up resources for other tasks.
3. Take advantage of ProBalance, Process Lasso's unique algorithm that dynamically adjusts process priority to prevent resource monopolization and improve system responsiveness.

Remember that every system is different, so it may take some trial and error to find the optimal settings for your specific needs. Additionally, with the lifetime activation you have, there's no harm in giving Process Lasso a try and seeing if it positively impacts your system's performance.

Keyang556

Level 1
Nov 7, 2021
It is a great program. Might not matter much if you have a powerful computer. But on my weak laptop, it's a matter of constant crash when running Zoom, Office and Firefox without vs. stable operating with Process Lasso. I have it on all my windows computers.
the free version ask me to buy the pro every time when start the program

Reactions: Dave Russo

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
the free version ask me to buy the pro every time when start the program
The license is lifetime and is dirt cheap in my opinion, totally worth it to have pro and to support the talented developers. Otherwise, you can set it to run as a service. This is a kind of set & forget program. I don't see the reason to open it up frequently.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I'm considering giving it a shot on my old system. Could this impact the imaging program, like slowing down the backup speed?
If you choose to use there is always a caption showing response time, your performance setting. Ram percentage use and cpu percentage(bottom right of desktop taskbar ) if indeed for some reason you get a slow down, you can easily exit program, then restart later. A trial is fully functional for 30 days.pro version

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.