protecting privacy while surfing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
@InternetChicken
Good speeds :)
I think in this case HotSpot Shield is a good a solution as any,it is well respected and trusted by many, probably one of the best free options. I personally just rather use a more privacy orientated service.

@Stranger
if your comfortable with your data been sold to the highest bidder for targeted ads, to having all your search query's and the pages you visit been monitored and saved just in case, to having your communications monitored for "key" words that might be on a government list then I don't think it's a problem but thats just my opinion :D

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
InternetChicken said:
The speed promised by my isp is 8 mb but is usually between 4 to 7 mb though the day

my speed right now without hotspot shield
7CZ5C.png

and with hotspot shield
seQLa.png

And @ Stranger :goodpost:
I use hotspot shield not because I am worried about been tracked by
my isp or government , or agency,google,facebook

I use it for malware hunting mostly cos its not a good idea to leave
info like your ip address etc on bad sites and severs all over the internet lol

The Ping Timing
So with Hotspot downloading gonna be Ok but surfing is pretty slow, around 3 times slower to be specific :p
Is it with only Hotspot or others as well.

P.S. i understand that why there is an increase in Ping timing, because of 3 points instead of 2 probably !!

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
madyrocksin said:
P.S. i understand that why there is an increase in Ping timing, because of 3 points instead of 2 probably !!

You can see right at the bottom that the first server the test is running on is in Edinburgh, and the second is in London.

So the first server is likely local, the second is several hundred miles away.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
It would be with other nvp's as well, anytime I used a nvp Ive had the same issue
with Ping Timing, but with my speed, it dose not really make much difference,

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
InternetChicken said:
It would be with other nvp's as well, anytime I used a nvp Ive had the same issue

Not to mention that people see large pings and expect big slowdowns, but remember that 296ms is just over a quarter of a second. That's not very perceptible.

I highly doubt anyone is going to be actually perceiving much of a slowdown in browsing unless they have pings of several seconds.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
here's mine whilst connected to VPN
RrFwy.png

not connected is very similar to your un-connected speeds ;)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
internetchicken:yes its in your case as you are malware hunter and expert like you who test malwares have not much tension about protection on that particular machine and i am sre you do't use that machine for any type of financial transaction or doing important work :D

treefrog:that is my point and if you are not a addicted or bigger online shopper then its not hurt your interest very much if some ad agency tracks you ;)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
HeffeD said:
InternetChicken said:

Not to mention that people see large pings and expect big slowdowns, but remember that 296ms is just over a quarter of a second. That's not very perceptible.

I highly doubt anyone is going to be actually perceiving much of a slowdown in browsing unless they have pings of several seconds.

Pings do actually matter specially when you don't have a high speed connection,
This perception is much clear while viewing online videos !!

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Stranger said:
internetchicken:yes its in your case as you are malware hunter and expert like you who test malwares have not much tension about protection on that particular machine and i am sre you do't use that machine for any type of financial transaction or doing important work :D

treefrog:that is my point and if you are not a addicted or bigger online shopper then its not hurt your interest very much if some ad agency tracks you ;)

addicted :huh:
ad companies not so much but would rather have the curtains closed if the ISP/government/rebel alliance decide they wanna peek in.
ad companies are a bonus:D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
yes some people are shopping addicted :D

ISP/government/rebel alliance

what wrong if they track if someone not involve in anti social or anti government activity

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Stranger said:
yes some people are shopping addicted :D

ISP/government/rebel alliance

what wrong if they track if someone not involve in anti social or anti government activity

lol I know someones wife with that addiction :rolleyes:

here's a thought...
once upon a time authority's had to go to court and convince a judge to give them a warrant to intercept your telephone calls
now they just monitor your internet connections...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/london/uks-web-monitoring-draft-bill-revealed-what-you-need-to-know/5183

"It would see every shred of "communication data" collected and stored by ISPs and phone companies which could then be accessed in near-realtime speed by U.K. authorities."

I ain't anti-social and ain't particularly anti-goverment but do believe privacy is a basic right and is worth fighting to maintain it :aikido:

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
"I ain't anti-social and ain't particularly anti-goverment but do believe privacy is a basic right and is worth fighting to maintain it"

Right on.
Freedom of speech and freedom of the cyber world......
We might be able to offend each other on Facebook, or some such racket, but I am not sure we are able to assault and batter a person with our PC transmissions or downloads, nor are we able to engage with them physically at all. So why not have privacy and freedom in the cyber world, less you are a terrorist that is planning to ACTUALLY kill in person.?
They will eventually want to prosecute us for what we might be thinking, the same way they use "remorse" displays in the court room to decide sentences. Ever seen "Minority Report"? Geeeeeezzz

GIST: We have freedom and privacy in the television and radio world, for the most part. So why not the internet? How many people has cable news offended? Newspapers? How many articles or live news reports on illegal activities that are reported in a graphic and disturbing nature are not wanted in our living rooms? How many dangerous opinions and biased, hateful rhetoricals? How many times is a reporters speech and verbal portrayal and in depth coverage of heinous crimes very disturbing to our minds and psychological health? Yet we are forced to watch, at least long enough to watch someone harm another person or put a bullet in their own head, then we change the channel, but most keep watching. Where is law enforcement on that? The FCC cannot even enforce penalties for commercial sessions that are broadcast with literally twice the volume of the movie you are watching.

And now for the big question:

WHERE ARE YOUR (CYBER) BOOKS AND WHAT IS THEIR VIRTUAL CONTENT??????????????????????????????????????????????????
See where I am going with this? We need to wake the heck up.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
ZOU1 said:
"I ain't anti-social and ain't particularly anti-goverment but do believe privacy is a basic right and is worth fighting to maintain it"

Right on.
Freedom of speech and freedom of the cyber world......
We might be able to offend each other on Facebook, or some such racket, but I am not sure we are able to assault and batter a person with our PC transmissions or downloads, nor are we able to engage with them physically at all. So why not have privacy and freedom in the cyber world, less you are a terrorist that is planning to ACTUALLY kill in person.?
They will eventually want to prosecute us for what we might be thinking, the same way they use "remorse" displays in the court room to decide sentences. Ever seen "Minority Report"? Geeeeeezzz

GIST: We have freedom and privacy in the television and radio world, for the most part. So why not the internet? How many people has cable news offended? Newspapers? How many articles or live news reports on illegal activities that are reported in a graphic and disturbing nature are not wanted in our living rooms? How many dangerous opinions and biased, hateful rhetoricals? How many times is a reporters speech and verbal portrayal and in depth coverage of heinous crimes very disturbing to our minds and psychological health? Yet we are forced to watch, at least long enough to watch someone harm another person or put a bullet in their own head, then we change the channel, but most keep watching. Where is law enforcement on that? The FCC cannot even enforce penalties for commercial sessions that are broadcast with literally twice the volume of the movie you are watching.

And now for the big question:

WHERE ARE YOUR (CYBER) BOOKS AND WHAT IS THEIR VIRTUAL CONTENT??????????????????????????????????????????????????
See where I am going with this? We need to wake the heck up.

now that ^^ was well put :cool:

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Got CyberGhost VPN today form the CyberGhost VPN 24 hour giveaway
With premium license

It failed the leak test :( ouch

tlmtJ.png

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
InternetChicken said:
With premium license

tlmtJ.png

Ouch
Have you tried dnsfixsetup.exe from the same site ?
It's 3 fairly simple .bat files that flushes your DNS and prevents any adapter other than the Tap32 from reconnecting, It hasn't always worked as it should in my experience.
OpenDNSCrypt on the other hand does just that - all DNS lookups encrypted
prevention is better than cure but in this case the cure kicks ass...IMO :D

EDIT - here's connected to OpenDNSCrypt...
iZsT5.png
[/img]

Edit - it also to possible to manually fix the leak,in w7 we need the VPN's DNS server's IP...this is on the test results page above hostname.
Then - network and sharing centre/change adapter settings/wireless network connection/prorperties/internet protocol version 4 TCP/Ivp4/use the following servers DNS addresses - then enter VPN DNS server IP from before.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks treefrog'
And your speed looks good
And I can fix the leak but so cant be bothered lol
as I sit here putting pink nail varnish on my nails and drinking Coffey,
lol lol

D

Deleted member 178

why people has so much privacy stuff? are you criminals or what? ^^

Most of my addons are for avoiding malwares and ads, if i do online banking i use banking security features.

The only thing i use is ghostery and set my browser properly.

My surfing is not sensitive, so i dont share any info useful to anyone.

@chicken: i hope you will not have any virus alerts during you nails makeup session ^^

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
InternetChicken said:
With premium license

tlmtJ.png

Here is mine,
same got it yesterday from the giveaway
all stock setting :p

xQibq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.