protecting privacy while surfing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
why people has so much privacy stuff? are you criminals or what? ^^

Most of my addons are for avoiding malwares and ads, if i do online banking i use banking security features.

The only thing i use is ghostery and set my browser properly.

My surfing is not sensitive, so i dont share any info useful to anyone.

@chicken: i hope you will not have any virus alerts during you nails makeup session ^^

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:

Most of my addons are for avoiding malwares and ads, if i do online banking i use banking security features.

@chicken: i hope you will not have any virus alerts during you nails makeup session ^^

just for an example...
say I had a position of responsibility, in government perhaps,
and just say I visited questionable sites or had written "intimate" emails which after all aren't against the law, it's just the internet right ?
what's stopping unscrupulous persons from smearing or attempting blackmail ? which is illegal
this is just one example of why peeps might use privacy stuff,
it's pretty much the same as closing your curtains
life would suck if you had to keep ya curtains open :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

why people wear so much clothes? are you ashamed of your body or what? ^^

Most of my days are spent avoiding clothing items, if i do wear clothes i use extremely revealing clothes.

The only thing i use is underwear and get my waxing done properly.

My nudism is not sensitive, so i dont share any info useful to anyone.

- The bottom line of all this
>People wear clothes to cover their bodies for personal privacy.
>People have curtains in their house as privacy to stop neighbors from looking into your home.
>People use VPN's like CyberGhost to cover their internet usage for privacy.
>Millions of people use AdBlock Plus to get rid of those pesky annoying ads that cause longer page loading times and wasted bandwidth usage etc...
>Umbra Corporation assumes that because one is using a VPN dedicated for privacy that he/she is a criminal / using the VPN for illegal purposes. Nice thinking! /s
>Umbra Corporation is against people wearing clothes.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
MrXidus said:
Umbra Corp. said:

why people wear so much clothes? are you ashamed of your body or what? ^^

Most of my days are spent avoiding clothing items, if i do wear clothes i use extremely revealing clothes.

The only thing i use is underwear and get my waxing done properly.

My nudism is not sensitive, so i dont share any info useful to anyone.

- The bottom line of all this
>People wear clothes to cover their bodies for personal privacy.
>People have curtains in their house as privacy to stop neighbors from looking into your home.
>People use VPN's like CyberGhost to cover their internet usage for privacy.
>Millions of people use AdBlock Plus to get rid of those pesky annoying ads that cause longer page loading times and wasted bandwidth usage etc...
>Umbra Corporation assumes that because one is using a VPN dedicated for privacy that he/she is a criminal / using the VPN for illegal purposes. Nice thinking! /s
>Umbra Corporation is against people wearing clothes.

LOL :D

D

Deleted member 178

lol MrXidus,

my "criminal " accusation was a joke...i thought it was visible with the "^^"

of course, i will never blame anyone to use an adblocker or vpn or ghostery, i do it myself even if i am not under a vpn permanently.

But i saw some posts with so many addons/tools used at same time that may hamper web browsing usability and speed.

The most famous browsers have already at least some features against privacy issues.

what sensitive infos a common citizen like us may hide from "big brother" and "hackers" (if we interest them...that is not so evident) except banking credentials, not so much i my opinion.

I worry more about what may screw my system than what websites i went may be disclosed.

just my point of view.

Thanks.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
lol MrXidus,

my "criminal " accusation was a joke...i thought it was visible with the "^^"

of course, i will never blame anyone to use an adblocker or vpn or ghostery, i do it myself even if i am not under a vpn permanently.

But i saw some posts with so many addons/tools used at same time that may hamper web browsing usability and speed.

The most famous browsers have already at least some features against privacy issues.

what sensitive infos a common citizen like us may hide from "big brother" and "hackers" (if we interest them...that is not so evident) except banking credentials, not so much i my opinion.

I worry more about what may screw my system than what websites i went may be disclosed.

just my point of view.

Thanks.

It's each to there own
there is no right or wrong, just what your comfortable with
I wanna keep my personal data private but that's just me
;)

D

Deleted member 178

Of course! i dont forbid anyone to be "paranoid" (im well placed for that ^^).

Japhrimel

Oct 30, 2012
I have learnt more about privacy and methodologies for maintaining it in one hour on this threat than...ever!

Thanks to all posters

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
While I love and respect the free markets and Capitalism, I feel like it is good to make it hard on online advertisers that are constantly gathering stats to ultimately bug you with more boring ads.

I have learnt more about privacy and methodologies for maintaining it in one hour on this threat than...ever!

Thanks to all posters

No doubt. It has been a good one. Internet Chicken taught me some things I was unaware of, as did a few others.

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
Japhrimel said:

Thanks to all posters

This thread has grown quite big really!....also thanks to internet chicken,tree frog and other members for sharing valuable knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.