Advice Request Proton vs Xeovo VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

st0n3

Thread author
Jun 30, 2021
Hi Everyone,

i am searching for a security-focused VPN service with advanced security and privacy features. I am taking a look at the following two VPNs:

- Xeovo VPN - Key to your privacy
- ProtonVPN: Secure and Free VPN service for protecting your privacy (plus plan)

I read some stuff about both services and it looks like they’re both a good choice. Maybe ProtonVPN plus has some extra security features than Xeovo (eg. TOR over VPN), anyway which of the two services would you recommend ? and why ? Someone tested them both ?

Are there any other services that are equal or better in terms of the privacy focus of these two ?

Thank you.

Reactions: ZeePriest

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Everyone,

i am searching for a security-focused VPN service with advanced security and privacy features. I am taking a look at the following two VPNs:

- ProtonVPN: Secure and Free VPN service for protecting your privacy (plus plan)

I read some stuff about both services and it looks like they’re both a good choice. Maybe ProtonVPN plus has some extra security features than Xeovo (eg. TOR over VPN), anyway which of the two services would you recommend ? and why ? Someone tested them both ?

Are there any other services that are equal or better in terms of the privacy focus of these two ?

Thank you.
I think that proton is better, since its privacy policy is good, and it also have a faster speed and more server.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'd go with ProtonVPN. The company's leadership is public knowledge, their software is open-source, and has previously gone though multiple security audits.
Whether its speed and feature set is acceptable is for you to decide.

Remember that both providers offer 30-day money-back guarantees if they're not to your liking.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Thank you.
Can you explain please why you need a VPN?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.