Troubleshoot PSU most likely dead - no power to PC

• Thread starter MalwareBlockerYT
  • Start date
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

Currently in the midst of major Mock GCSE exam revision. I boot my PC & after diner it has shutdown & no longer boots. I honestly don't know what caused the issue but I seriously hope that the Mobo & other components aren't damaged.

I believe the PSU is dead or the fuse has gone (I will try replacing this tomorrow) since no power is being supplied to any components - no LEDs on Mobo or Case, etc when PSU & mains is On.

I currently have a Corsair CX 750 PSU which has more than enough watts for what I need & if it is the PSU that is dead then I will purchase an EVGA 650W 80+ PSU to replace this one.

Thanks,
Malware Blocker

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Maybe you or a friend or neighbor has an old PSU lying around. That way, you could hook it up, and check if the mobo is still good.
If you are desperate, like I am sometimes when this happens, you can steal a PSU from another computer for the mean time.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.