Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
ADDED: EMET 5.1
UPDATED:
  • Trying ESET Smart Security 8 [90 Days]
  • Added Samsung Magician SSD Monitoring software( To run on boot)
  • Added Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional
  • Added Sandboxie Latest
  • Added Hitman Pro Latest Trial License
  • Added Microsoft Office 2007 SP3
  • Added Chrome x64 [Installed after a long time]
Tried to update my graphics driver, but was incompatible to my system. Brightness was disabled by default and could not make any changes to it, so rolled back to previous driver. Just updated AMD Catalyst Control Center to latest version.

Rest all remains the same.:)

Reactions: Logethica

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@Purshu_Pro : Any reason why use Visual Studio 2010 instead of 2015? Do you use some programming feature that only works on old version?
My teachers said me to install it to practice programming, and I also found that it is free. Visual studio 2015 is not available for free. They recommend enterprise edition, which is not free, so I installed a pro edition of 2010.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Removed Firefox since it was buggy, now using only Chrome x64.
Removed Visual Studio 2010 Pro because it was showing some incompatibility of certain features, further replaced it with Visual Studio 2015 Community.
Removed Cyber Ghost VPN and replace it with F-Secure Freedome VPN[Thanks for the giveaway info]

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Updated:
  • Upgraded ESET SS to v9.
  • Removed all adblocker extensions from browsers.
  • Added EASUS Partion Assistant Pro.
  • Added CyberFox Portable.
  • Replaced WinRar with 7Zip Beta.
  • Added additional browsers since I may deploy tests over Web Designing in each browsers.
  • Added Process Hacker Updated Version.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
How did you configured HIPS and firewall. I want to have perfect combination of performance as well as security. No single entity between performance and security should be given more value.If possible Please give the details of your settings in eset smart security.
I have set HIPS to smart mode, and Firewall to interactive Mode. ESET softwares are designed to perform efficiently in almost all kind of computers. So its rare that they will affect your PC performance. And protection wise, its a solid suite(I dont know more technical words to explain) which is a perfect companion for users security.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Updated after clean installation of Windows 10.

Added:
  1. Norton Security 22 (90 day trial)
  2. VMware Workstation 12 Pro (Lifetime)
  3. Malware Bytes Anti-Exploit Premium
  4. Easus Data Recovery Wizard Pro
Retired From:
  1. ESET- Because it was blocking my mails and fix was not successfull (15 Days Subscription Was remaining)
  2. Virtual Box- Didnt meet my needs, now replaced with VMware for all my practice sessions
If any one is willing to give away any security software, I am here to accept gladly:D, PM me.

Thankyou..

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hello, consider adding MBAE free :)
I was using MBAE earlier and given a pause for it since I am using Norton. Norton too have industries best exploit protection which works no less to MBAE. But for except guarding some on demand applications Norton seems to be fine with exploit protection.:)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
MABE: PurshuPro _HP_Pavilion_WIN_10_Setup

McSheild: I have tried it, but what happens is that if a virus or worm found it eliminates all the files in the flash drive even though if its not infected. And restoring it from the quarantine give me more pain. So I have not included it in my config and Norton does the job better than McSheild for me. I might come back to it after Norton expires with a core application called App Guard and MBAM Pro!:D

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

MABE: PurshuPro _HP_Pavilion_WIN_10_Setup

McSheild: I have tried it, but what happens is that if a virus or worm found it eliminates all the files in the flash drive even though if its not infected. And restoring it from the quarantine give me more pain. So I have not included it in my config and Norton does the job better than McSheild for me. I might come back to it after Norton expires with a core application called App Guard and MBAM Pro!:D
You activate 'Interactive Mode' it allows you to make every decision but still alerts you of malware.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
H

hjlbx

@Purshu_Pro

That is good config.

You just have one hole to plug.

Anti-exploit (you use Microsoft Office, WMP, Adobe).

Which anti-exploit to recommend is no easy task since all of them have quirks\limitations.

HMP.A is my personal favorite.

I think you tried it...

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@Purshu_Pro

That is good config.

You just have one hole to plug.

Anti-exploit (you use Microsoft Office, WMP, Adobe).

Which anti-exploit to recommend is no easy task since all of them have quirks\limitations.

HMP.A is my personal favorite.

I think you tried it...
You are right. But affording one is quiet a difficult job for me, because I dont have any bank account that can perform international transactions.;)
Though HMPA is natively available they wont accept money from my bank account!

H

hjlbx

You are right. But affording one is quiet a difficult job for me, because I dont have any bank account that can perform international transactions.;)
Though HMPA is natively available they wont accept money from my bank account!

My friend, you can always get beta tester's license for HMP.A . ;)

Plus there is EMET.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Nice config for getting a "nuclear-grade" wall (AppGuard) :p
I agree with @hjlbx suggestion. Get an anti-exploit. You can use back the MBAE Free. Limited but well still offers a decent protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.