Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@venustusHad you mentioned in your first post that it was still in beta stage, I would have never ever installed it in the first place since betas have bugs. Also, their website doesn't mention it either.

None of use would have known it was still beta software, since their website doesn't tell us this either. I always try new software in a virtual environment (load up a saved snapshot to save time).

You can make a complaint here: support@360safe.com

Installed using the link on their website; English in the Installer Options.
upload_2014-4-22_13-52-39.png

No issues on a clean Windows 8.1, Action Center reporting 360TS as active. Previously no other security products have been installed.
upload_2014-4-22_13-58-11.png

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The link to Total Security on the Qihoo webpage is now the English version. I also noted that even though the download size was about 22MB after install no further downloadable items were needed (apparently no local database).

What was fun was unzipping a malware pack with Qihoo enabled- it scanned the pack (this was the current 92 item set found in Malware Exchange) within 15 seconds in its entirety. All were detected and the deletion routine was about 5 seconds more. I just verified with another malware pack and the entire routine (unzipping the pack-malware detection- then cicking yes to delete) took 31 seconds. Incredible.

One other thing- the Junk Cleanup function is very fast also, and quite frankly seems to do a better job deleting Temp files than CCleaner.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Been playing around with it for a bit (in VM). I do like the User Interface, it's a lot better than 360 Internet Security.

Anyone know how often the Bitdefender and Avira engines are updated?

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Been playing around with it for a bit (in VM). I do like the User Interface, it's a lot better than 360 Internet Security.

Anyone know how often the Bitdefender and Avira engines are updated?
Bitdefender is showing 4/21 for updates and Avira just updated to 4/22 at 0930. Prior to that avira was showing 4/17. I was getting a little worried about that one.

Can u tell me the memory & cpu usage of it? also tell me how much memory it consumes when u scan or update it. thnx man :)
50k roughly for me. Increases to 70k when updating and running a scan. I also set the protection mode to security.

Self-Protection cannot be enable. Any one face this?
Self protection is on by default on mine. Change protection mode to security.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I hate the Big Size Update of Bitdefender which might be the reason i will not prefer to use 360 IS or TS.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How it is possible.
360 IS - 230MB
360 TS - Only 22MB

It's possible because it doesn't include the 2 additional engines. I have included a folder size comparison of C:/Program Files/360/Total Security/

Default installation: 71.7MB
+ Avira engine: 286MB
+ Bitdefender (and Avira) engines: 677MB

I hate the Big Size Update of Bitdefender which might be the reason i will not prefer to use 360 IS or TS

Logically that doesn't make sense, unless you want Bitdefender engine active, because Qihu is offering their cloud-based "Total Security" solution without large downloads.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
It's possible because it doesn't include the 2 additional engines. I have included a folder size comparison of C:/Program Files/360/Total Security/

Default installation: 71.7MB
+ Avira engine: 286MB
+ Bitdefender (and Avira) engines: 677MB

Logically that doesn't make sense, unless you want Bitdefender engine active, because Qihu is offering their cloud-based "Total Security" solution without large downloads.

Thanks, Does anyone tell me how good is Cloud Protection of Qihu.
I think Qihu has changed the perception of people toward the Chinese Softwares.

Reactions: House_maniac
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.